Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Checking in!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Checking in!

OK, so a LOT has happened to me in the last few weeks!!!

As some of you know, I've been temping for awhile (almost 2 years now). Well, anyway, there was one company that kept calling me back in, a few days here and there. I didn't really need the work too much, so I just kept going in. The 3rd to last time I went in (mid- September), at the end of that shift, I found out that the mgr of that department was leaving, so I got really excited that maybe the guy I was temping for would jump to his position, and I could fill in his spot. A week went past, and I had no phone call..... the 2 weeks came and passed, and I was really sad about it. But they needed me again, so I was really excited to meet the new HR manager! I come to find out that he didn't leave after all. So that made me feel a little better about not having the opportunity to have a shot at it!!! But, about 1/2 way through the day, I knew I was never going to have the job, got really depressed, and felt that I would never be there again. I told the HR manager that although I LOVED temping there, it probably was going to be my last time because I was going to jump on the first Full Time job that came my way. And, within a week, I had a REALLY AWESOME one that came up- photo editing! Job of dreams!!!!
    To try to make my super long story as short as possible, that job got postponed! But, in the meantime, I was asked to come back in for a quick 2 day at my favorite location. While there, I found out that another manager had left, with only 2 days notice, and that department was needing help- big time! His main supervisor had to not take his vacation, and was really doing the job of 2 guys. Finally, I felt courageous, and I was going to talk to the HR manager that 2nd day, and ask to be considered for any positions that came my way..... well, I postponed it until close to the end of the day, and there never was any opportunity to talk to him!!! I started getting depressed again, knowing that I was through here, again never to come back! Then it happened..... I got called into his office. First question was, "You know why you are here, right?" My husband says that I should have said "because of the 47 pens that I took," but my heart was racing so fast, all I could figure out to say was, "One can only hope." Well, I soon became an assistant to the supervisor, with a several dollar raise!!!!! AND, it's SO much more fun than the HR assistant position that I was in!!!!
    I like to think of myself as their most valuable employee now!!! Not only do I cover the front desk for the original position I learned at lunch, but I file for AP, HR, do a few odd jobs for my supervisor, do my own job, and I am now learning shipping because only 1 other person knows how to do it, and she will be on maternity leave within the next few weeks! It is all super scary, but I just LOVE it! My official title is "Purchasing Assistant," where I get to get all the paperwork ready to order, get signatures from higher up, then call all over the country and order!!! Right now it is a 40 hour/week job, but once I get all the departments caught up, I may only have 32-36 hours/ week, which is fine with me! Actually, 32 hours/ week is the same income as the 40 hour week with the old price, so it's like an extra day off for me!!!

Only bad news about this: Since I was hired as a temp, I get to stay on as a temp for 90 days. So if I blow it in that time, I'm history, without them even thinking about it. At the same time, I think that they will be hiring a manager for my supervisor, so at that point they may take my job and pass it on to that person, since that is part of what I do. Good news is that HR has 3 positions to fill right now, and now that I am there, that hiring for the manager is on the bottom of the list!

I will hopefully check in every once in a while. I am hoping to be able to get a laptop within the next few months, where Photoshop WILL be installed, so I can scrap on my lunches. Before then I need to get all my bills up to date and a few paid off. Honestly, it may not be until I find out for sure if I will be staying on as an employee. That's all the way in January!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, I also started a 2nd job, doing party sales, so I can't just come home and scrap like I want to all the time! If those sales are REALLY good, though, I can just get the laptop as a business supply and get it before January!!!!

I miss you all, and I LOVE the fun newsletters that I keep getting. It makes me feel like I just want to quit and come and scrap all day again! But with no computer to come with me, I can't do that! My husband uses our home computer for work!

2. Likes kimmyscraps, MSPeeler, AmyP, Ambelleina liked this post
    dodgeladee is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Checking in!

Congrats on your new job!!! You can tell your excitement! Very happy for you!!!

4. Likes photom liked this post
    Lmsandt is online now Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *Snickerdoodle*
    *GingerScraps Ad Team

Post Thanks / Like

yay that is so exciting. congrats
    http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/data/816/medium/march_siggy2.jpg

6. Likes photom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Woohoo grats on the job! I doubt you'll have any issue with the 90 day period. It usually goes by superfast, anyway.

I'll have my fingers crossed for you though, that everything goes smoothly!

8. Likes photom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Woohoo!!! Congrats!!!!!!!

10. Likes photom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to here you have a job you really like, and everything is now working out for you. You will breeze through the 90 days - and the fact they are training you is a good thing as well. Fingers and toes crossed for you!

12. Likes photom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

congrats on the job!!!!

Proudly Creating for
    Ginger Scraps CT - Connie Prince - Luv Ewe - Little Rad Trio - Amy Martin - Sas Designs
    Guesting for Little Butterfly Wings

14. Likes photom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the FT position!

16. Likes photom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yay Sara!! Congrats, and best wishes! I'm excited for you!

18. Likes photom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you Sara! So happy to hear that things are working out for you. You know you are always welcome to come back to my team when you are ready. We miss ya!
    My Store

20. Likes kimmyscraps, photom liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast