OK, so a LOT has happened to me in the last few weeks!!!

As some of you know, I've been temping for awhile (almost 2 years now). Well, anyway, there was one company that kept calling me back in, a few days here and there. I didn't really need the work too much, so I just kept going in. The 3rd to last time I went in (mid- September), at the end of that shift, I found out that the mgr of that department was leaving, so I got really excited that maybe the guy I was temping for would jump to his position, and I could fill in his spot. A week went past, and I had no phone call..... the 2 weeks came and passed, and I was really sad about it. But they needed me again, so I was really excited to meet the new HR manager! I come to find out that he didn't leave after all. So that made me feel a little better about not having the opportunity to have a shot at it!!! But, about 1/2 way through the day, I knew I was never going to have the job, got really depressed, and felt that I would never be there again. I told the HR manager that although I LOVED temping there, it probably was going to be my last time because I was going to jump on the first Full Time job that came my way. And, within a week, I had a REALLY AWESOME one that came up- photo editing! Job of dreams!!!!
To try to make my super long story as short as possible, that job got postponed! But, in the meantime, I was asked to come back in for a quick 2 day at my favorite location. While there, I found out that another manager had left, with only 2 days notice, and that department was needing help- big time! His main supervisor had to not take his vacation, and was really doing the job of 2 guys. Finally, I felt courageous, and I was going to talk to the HR manager that 2nd day, and ask to be considered for any positions that came my way..... well, I postponed it until close to the end of the day, and there never was any opportunity to talk to him!!! I started getting depressed again, knowing that I was through here, again never to come back! Then it happened..... I got called into his office. First question was, "You know why you are here, right?" My husband says that I should have said "because of the 47 pens that I took," but my heart was racing so fast, all I could figure out to say was, "One can only hope." Well, I soon became an assistant to the supervisor, with a several dollar raise!!!!! AND, it's SO much more fun than the HR assistant position that I was in!!!!
I like to think of myself as their most valuable employee now!!! Not only do I cover the front desk for the original position I learned at lunch, but I file for AP, HR, do a few odd jobs for my supervisor, do my own job, and I am now learning shipping because only 1 other person knows how to do it, and she will be on maternity leave within the next few weeks! It is all super scary, but I just LOVE it! My official title is "Purchasing Assistant," where I get to get all the paperwork ready to order, get signatures from higher up, then call all over the country and order!!! Right now it is a 40 hour/week job, but once I get all the departments caught up, I may only have 32-36 hours/ week, which is fine with me! Actually, 32 hours/ week is the same income as the 40 hour week with the old price, so it's like an extra day off for me!!!

Only bad news about this: Since I was hired as a temp, I get to stay on as a temp for 90 days. So if I blow it in that time, I'm history, without them even thinking about it. At the same time, I think that they will be hiring a manager for my supervisor, so at that point they may take my job and pass it on to that person, since that is part of what I do. Good news is that HR has 3 positions to fill right now, and now that I am there, that hiring for the manager is on the bottom of the list!

I will hopefully check in every once in a while. I am hoping to be able to get a laptop within the next few months, where Photoshop WILL be installed, so I can scrap on my lunches. Before then I need to get all my bills up to date and a few paid off. Honestly, it may not be until I find out for sure if I will be staying on as an employee. That's all the way in January!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, I also started a 2nd job, doing party sales, so I can't just come home and scrap like I want to all the time! If those sales are REALLY good, though, I can just get the laptop as a business supply and get it before January!!!!

I miss you all, and I LOVE the fun newsletters that I keep getting. It makes me feel like I just want to quit and come and scrap all day again! But with no computer to come with me, I can't do that! My husband uses our home computer for work!