Post Thanks / Like

Default Photoshop Help Please

Ok, I took the plunge and d/l'd the 30 day trial version of PSE11. I am considering purchasing PSE10. I opened it last night and immediately started scratching my head. I felt so intimidated. I have self taught myself PSP so I have that as a backup, but just want to be a glutten for punishment and jump in (I hope) to this new program.

Are there any links out there for PSE classes/tutorials? I opened a template in it last night and couldn't even figure out how to get a layer clicked on to copy and paste it somewhere... I since closed that up and went back to working in PSP. LOL I refuse to quit, so by the time I try to learn this program, I may be even more gray, bald or more insane than I am now. LOL

Thank you

I proudly create for

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Photoshop Help Please

I did a search on YouTube and came up with a few tutorials for using temps i PSE. I learn better if I can watch :-)

YouTubeLink

Congrats on being tenacious about learning new things! I have only worked on Gimp and I bought PSE last summer and it STILL is siting on the table unopened. I am scared silly to have to relearn everything. My frustration level is not where it used to be!
    Keep going!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi! PSE 10 and PSE 11 are very different. One of the people teaching classes told us that if you have 10 or a less version that 11 is way different. She was on the beta team and warned us. However if you have never had a PSE then it may be a little easier to learn. I learned from digitalscrapbookteacher.com. Hope that helps.

missdamsel is online now *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

It is really tough getting started, but you will not regret it. I may have to download PSE 11 and check it out. I will be more than happy to help you in any way and answer questions. I will even create tutorials to answer specific questions.

Post Thanks / Like

Sent you a PM ...

Post Thanks / Like

Lori, I dont know anything about PSE, but I took went from teaching myself PSP and took the plunge and taught myself CS2 which I've upgraded throughout the years because I really liked the program.

Its hard to make the transition. It took me almost an entire year to work myself through photoshop that I didn't need tutorials and could do things from my head. But I was also using PSP as my crutch and would run back to it if I struggled with photoshop! Its a lot of willpower to drop what you know and trust yourself to learn a new program, one that is so different than what you were using. But, I've done it and I know many other people have done it too. You can do it, just keep telling yourself that over and over, especially when you get frustrated and want to go back to comfort.

As far as teaching yourself, what I did was went on the internet with what I was looking for with simple keywords until I found a tutorial with pictures or simple words that I could understand and walk myself through. Now, you can check youtube to see if there are videos to show you the simple basics of PSE. The information is all over the internet. Seek it, and Im sure you will find the answers to every question about your program, except "Can you scrap this layout for me?"
    I can't get photobucket to work.
    You know my name
    Neverland Scraps AKA: Wendy

7. Likes sladd79054, dodgeladee liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I get emails all the time from people just starting out in digital scrapbooking and I always pass along this site because it's full of tutorials that are organized nicely and earmarked to help you find what you need for your particular program.

http://digitalscrapbookplace.com/uni...utorials.shtml
    My Store

msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

DO NOT panic!
    Yea for you having adobe pse. I've taught it since....pse without a number.
    Let me know how I can help.
    m
    Michelle