Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: All Alone Again!

Quote Originally Posted by Angelclaud View Post
    Awww, those days or actually nights are quite tough to get through. I don't mind the days too but at night I totally can't sleep well without my hubby. Honestly, I'm kind of like Meg. I get anxious when my hubby's away. Luckily, he hardly ever goes on business trip, etc. though. The most he went away by himself is like 1 week and only twice a year.
    Fortunately I sleep better without him LOL! Because he works the night shift and is only home three nights a week.

I think I'm getting better... Jeff's leaving again for the mountains tomorrow, but I have friends who are taking me out for korean bbq Monday night. So at least I wont be cooped up at home by myself his entire trip. I have an uncle in Indonesia (not by blood... we're his "american" family) who's constantly traveling between here and there - I don't know how his family can handle that. This last trip he brought them with him and announced that he bought a house in LA... so maybe they'll be traveling more often with him!

Post Thanks / Like

My sister is in a similar situation. My brother-in-law was a victim of corporate politics a year ago and it took him 6-months to find another job. He landed on his feet with a great job but he's now just outside of Chicago, while my sister and nephew are back in Ohio. They are essentially living apart for a year so my nephew can finish up his senior year of high school. He comes home when he can and has been home just about every weekend during football season but once winter hits, he won't be coming home as much because you just can't count on the weather. They've been living like this since April and it's been hard but I think it will be even harder come winter. As soon as my nephew graduates, they plan on relocating to Illinois but for my sister, it can't come soon enough.
    My Store

missdamsel is online now *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

I guess being married to a military guy helped me get used to him not being home. When he flew on presidential airlines he was gone a lot and I learned to deal with being alone. Trips, TDYs, it all trained me well! lol Doesn't bother me too much when he travels now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12