Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default All Alone Again!

Well... It's that time of the year again. The Hubby is gone out of the Province for work. He left today and won't be back until Christmas. That means I'm alone at home with the kids, dog, and the cat! I don't mind the Hubby being gone in the daytime but nighttime is another thing all together. Once the kids are in bed, it's sooooo quiet here. All I can hear is the humming of my external hard-drive and my fingers gently clicking on the keyboard. I think I'll make a cup of raspberry tea, curl up with my e-reader and fuzzy blanket, and try to finish off the last few chapters of my book. Tomorrow the kids have a birthday party to attend and on Sunday my parents might be coming over for a visit. That will pass 2 days. What will I do with the other 80ish plus days?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: All Alone Again!

I completely feel for you! My husband is always deploying or training to deploy! He has been gone since July 15th! However, he gets back in a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear you about the nights being long! I always sleep better with him by my side too.

Good luck! ;)

3. Likes trina513 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I did a month 4 years ago, and that was with my parents. I never want to do it again. I can't imagine doing it for so long, or so often.

Post Thanks / Like

Aww! I get separation anxiety if DH is away and I have no way to reach him... not as bad as some, but still bad enough that I need prozac :-\ Hang in there!

6. Dislikes Colleen disliked this post
    Ricki is online now *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Snickerdoodle*
    *GingerScraps Ad Team

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my! I sure hope the days will go by quicker than usual. So hard to be away from them for so long.
    [[hugs]]

AngelclaudArtroom, SeatroutScraps, GingerScrapsAdTeam, SnickerdoodleDesigns, & Bright Ideas.

Post Thanks / Like

Awwww that's so hard when you have to hold down the fort by yourself with the kids and furkids. I don't know how you all do it. I have never been away from my hubs for more than a week at a time, and I have to admit, I LOVE it, lol, except I don't have anyone to care for except my furbaby and myself, so it's a treat to not have him to pick up after for a short time Having said that, I would still hate it for that long, that's just too long! Maybe we can keep you company

Post Thanks / Like

Took the kids to the birthday party today and they had so much fun. It was great. Tonight I'm going to sit down all by myself and watch Twilight and New Moon for about the 10,000th time. lol. Tomorrow night Eclipse and Breaking Dawn Pt. 1. Maybe have a glass of wine to relax.

10. Likes Colleen, trina513, geswho40, missdamsel liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like a terrific night to me! Take advantage of the peace and quiet when you can ... that should make it a bit easier to handle the crazy times when they happen. Christmas will be all the more special because he will be back home!

12. Thanks Inspired Designs thanked for this post
    Likes Inspired Designs, geswho40 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

HUGS!! You can always check in here - we'll do our best to keep you company!!
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

14. Thanks Inspired Designs thanked for this post
    Likes Inspired Designs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Awww, those days or actually nights are quite tough to get through. I don't mind the days too but at night I totally can't sleep well without my hubby. Honestly, I'm kind of like Meg. I get anxious when my hubby's away. Luckily, he hardly ever goes on business trip, etc. though. The most he went away by himself is like 1 week and only twice a year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast