Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Do I save... do you save.... ?

Quote Originally Posted by StarWarsFans View Post
    I say keep whatever format you are currently using and then get rid of the rest. Since you are using GIMP, keep the PSD. If you switch to Photoshop you'll still be able to use them and from that point on you can start keeping the TIF instead to save space.

Sent from my VM670 using Forum Runner
    And even then, if you do switch over to PS, you can save the files to .tiff yourself to reduce the size of the files.

I used to only save .psd because if the .tiff file is saved correctly to reduce size, PSPx2 wont show the layers and I couldn't scrap with the template. But since I've started to exclusively use PS, I've been saving the .tiff files just because it reduces the size on my harddrive and I can see the file image without having to click on it.

But really its a personal preference thing. Do what is right for you now and as you grow, you adjust and change then.
    I can't get photobucket to work.
    You know my name
    Neverland Scraps AKA: Wendy

Post Thanks / Like

I keep the Tiff's. other than the size is smaller, I like the fact that I can actually see the thumbnail preview.

Post Thanks / Like

I use psd files and delete the tif and png files since I don't use them. I also only occasionally buy templates because once I use a template, I delete the original; my preference because it keeps me from using the same page design over and I have a ton of templates so it frees up space for more! For templates I buy, I keep them and date the folder so I do't use them again in the same year.

I've also been told my scrapbook stuff is scary-organized; something I could NEVER achieve with my paper supplies!

Post Thanks / Like

I also only use psd for templates and will immediately delete all the other formats.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12