oops sorry its Cumberland Lake but KY Lake is just down a few miles from that
Let's go Missi. I used to be a coke addicted and that's not easy but I'm avoiding it as much as I can, just having it on weekends. It's been a week. Can you believe I had a headache in the beginning?! Due to the lack of cafein... I also started walking. I've been walking for 2 weeks. I've lost 2 kilos so far.
It'll be good to have a partner to do it... Let's do it!!
if you really miss sodas, I highly suggest sweet leaf drops, they come in all sorts of flavours (including cola and root beer) and make drinking water or sparkly water easier, and they are so much better for you than all that stuff in sodas!!! They are stevia based, it seems expensive as it's around $15 a bottle (here) but you only need 3-4 drops to a cup.
I hope you're still going strong. I'm in my last week of the 21 day sugar detox myself... not so had as I've had hardly any sugar (other than stevia, xylitol and that found in fruit) for about two years (except on very very very rare occasions, which I can probably count on one hand!). I'm still probably ingesting too many carbs as the weight is not melting off, but some has come off Good luck!!!
Oh, changing habits are difficult, right?
I haven't done much progress last 3 weeks, I need to get back on track. I've lost 3,5Kg so far. I'm glad for that.
Oh, France... I love your siggie with Charmed, and those eyes moving are something! it's cute!!
Sorry Missi for clicking on the Dislike of your first post - it was a MISTAKE
Check out this page for Low Carb Recipes ~ http://forums.gingerscraps.net/showt...w-Carb-Recipes
*You can do it Missi - it's good to have others praying and edging you on - I've struggled too and I'm now wheat free and sometimes even Gluten Free and I FEEL BETTER
*Here's an extra recipe for you/us ;)
Skinny Chicken Caesar Salad
- 4 skinless chicken breasts - organic are the best
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- juice 1 lemon
- 1 large Romaine or Cos lettuce, chopped into large pieces
- 1 punnet salad cress
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 25g Parmesan, finely grated
- 50g anchovies fillets, half chopped, half left whole - you can skip this one - I will be ;)
- 170g pot fat-free Greek yogurt
- Put the chicken breasts in a large bowl with the olive oil and 1 tbsp lemon juice, then season. Heat the grill to high. Put the chicken breasts on a foil-lined tray and cook under the grill for 10-12 mins until golden and cooked through, turning once during cooking. Transfer to a plate or board and slice.
- Arrange the lettuce, cress and eggs on a platter or serving plates and top with the cooked chicken. Mix together the Parmesan, chopped anchovies, yogurt and remaining lemon juice, season to taste and pour over the salad. Arrange the whole anchovy fillets on top of each salad.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, January 2015
*Enjoy if you need anything else - let me know
*HUGS 'n PRAYERS* Jemima x
I now CT 4 Happy Scrap Arts and Scrappiness Designs (On Hold)
I'm a designer ~ Jemima's Digital Boutique and see my NEW blog for details @