Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I need a cheering section

Yea good for you Missi!!! Keep it up my friend!

I seriously need to do something - I am heavier now than I have EVER been - ever.

Post Thanks / Like

Gosh, I don't know how I missed this thread but yeah, Missi! We've been on a low carb diet or as we say now, lifestyle for just about a year now and both my hubby and I are down 60lbs. I was actually about six pounds behind him for the longest time and then I got sick and wasn't eating much for about a week and I caught right up to him. Anyhoo, cutting back on carbs is so so hard but we did it, and we started this adventure just before Thanksgiving last year so it was the worst time to attempt something like this but we stuck to our guns and got through the holidays and lost weight and then we just kept working at it.

The hardest thing for me is that I love to cook and bake and that has been drastically reduced since we cut out sugar, flour, rice, and pasta. We eat a lot of salads, mostly for lunch and of course eggs in various forms. We grill for as many months as we can usually sticking to chicken, fish, and pork. Some beef but not much because I'm not a big fan of fatty meats like a steak or hamburger. We eat a lot of non-starchy veggies like, cauliflower, broccoli, celery, green beans, brussel sprouts and etc. No carrots because they have a lot of sugar and no peas, which I used to love on my salad.

Mashed cauliflower is the best, we eat it often and we're to the point were we don't even think about potatoes anymore. A couple of weeks ago I made zucchinni lasagna and it was so good. I didn't even miss the pasta. We've also tried several variations of low carb pizza, which has a crust made out of cauliflower. Sounds strange but my hubby loves it. My hubby has had a harder time because he likes to snack but he's to the point now where it doesn't bother him as much. He loves sugar free Jell-O so he has that for desert just about every night with a little whipped topping.

Check my boards on Pinterest, Missi, because I've got some recipes pinned on a Low Carb board and Atkins has a lot of recipes as well.

Of course eventually you get to the point where the weight loss starts to slow down so we started swimming everyday and I'm seeing a huge difference in my clothes after only two months. I'm finally building up some muscle again!

We had to do this because we were slowing killing ourselves with a combination of a heavy burden of stress and over eating or eating for pure comfort so something had to give. Things are far less stressful now and with the healthier eating and lifestyle, we feel so much better. Hubby is diabetic and insulin dependent so it was a big adjustment for him in the beginning but he's now taking less insulin and his numbers are really good so just another added bonus of taking the plunge.

Keep up the good work, Missi! You can do. I know it's harder when you are the only one in the family making a change but stick to your guns before you know it you'll be buying all new clothes.
    My Store

Post Thanks / Like

Kathy that is a great accomplishment, congrats to you and your hubby!

Zucchinni lasagna and mashed cauliflower are one of my favorites low carbs meal. I also like spagetti squash with turkey and salmon patties.

Missi, you are doing a fantastic job, keep up with the hard work!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow you guys! Im so excited for each one of you cutting out your sodas and carbs!! I was doing this, cutting back on carbs, sugars and no caffiene since we moved. But then I found out I was pregnant and about the only way to control my severe migraines without medicine is the caffeine. I was drinking no soda (Pepsi) for about 6 months prior and now Im drinking 2-4 a day depending on the migraines. I hate drinking the soda, especially since I gave it up and it was so hard then and I know how hard it will be to give it up when I am done being pregnant. But if I dont have the caffeine, I have to take medicine, which becomes addicting for the baby and he can have complications when he's born. Im trying hard to tough love these migraines and suck up drinking the soda, although my teeth hate me again! I hope when the baby's born, these migraines go away so I can once for all give up the soda and try to live a healthier lifestyle with you guys!

Oh my favorite, was juicing. Really loved getting the juices from the veggies and the fruits. It was expensive, but I really enjoyed it.

DH is down to about 300-400 calories a meal on his part. He's doing really well, except he got hurt earlier last month and he stopped working out and has since picked up snacking. Once he's feeling better and is able to get back to exercising, I hope he goes back to his portion control meals. Im very proud of him, because he was raised to eat and snack when he was hungry so this is something he's been trying to change for years and it seems like he's getting more and more control over it as we age together.
    I can't get photobucket to work.
    You know my name
    Neverland Scraps AKA: Wendy

missdamsel is online now *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, guys, I know I haven't checked in lately. I am still soda free and down 14 pounds. I guess I would lose quicker is I gave up the "nummies" (you know cookies, little Debbies, etc) but man they are so good! lol

BUT I have decided today to start training for the JDRF Ride for the cure which is a 100 miles ride in and around Nashville next September!! sigh, what the heck?? Why would i decide to do that? I don't even have a bike!!

we shall see. Keep supporting me!! You guys are the greatest!!

6. Likes Lisa liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

i drink water 98% of the time so not much help there. and no that's not bragging its preference as i am a full blown sugar addict!!!! as for low carbs???? hmmmm don't come to my house is the best advice i have

BUT I'M CHEERING YOU ON

guess I'm a tad late

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHeartScraps View Post
    I need to give up my Diet Mtn Dews. I'm too embarrassed to even tell how many I have a week :/ But, I'm weak.
    Ah, this was my weakness at work also as they have them in the refrigerator and I had one a day during the work week. I haven't had any for weeks. It is hard to give up because after about 5 to 7 days, you get a headache and you have to push through it to get to the other side.

Then I allowed myself one a week on Friday for a while, but now, I do not even think about them and haven't had one in weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

just realized u r from TN too...u r just a couple hours from ME!!! southern girls ROCK!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by missdamsel View Post
    Ok, guys, I know I haven't checked in lately. I am still soda free and down 14 pounds. I guess I would lose quicker is I gave up the "nummies" (you know cookies, little Debbies, etc) but man they are so good! lol

BUT I have decided today to start training for the JDRF Ride for the cure which is a 100 miles ride in and around Nashville next September!! sigh, what the heck?? Why would i decide to do that? I don't even have a bike!!

we shall see. Keep supporting me!! You guys are the greatest!!

guess I'm a tad late

10. Likes missdamsel liked this post
    missdamsel is online now *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

Where are you? Maybe we could meet up one day!

Post Thanks / Like

i'm in the big ol' town of DOVER LOL (just in case as i know people who live 20 minutes away that don't know) my backyard (sorta) is KY lake

guess I'm a tad late

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast