Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I need a cheering section

I bet you can do it!

I haven't been drinking anything but water for at least a month. Other then a glass or two of soy milk to up my protein intake. I usually have a glass before bed as a snack. It's suppose to be good for you... ;) lol I haven't even had coffee. I was a must have 1-2-3 cups of coffee a day kind of person. I gave it up cold turkey, and I haven't looked back! I tried to have a cup the other day, and I could only drink half of it.

I buy fruits and veggies at the store, and I prep everything all at once. I wash, dry, cut, and chop everything and put them in containers. Well - not apples, but you get the idea. Then it's an easy grab for a snack! I love carrots with guacamole! I also do low fat or fat free yogurt and mix in fruit or make fruit smoothies. I seriously haven't had any sweets for the last 1-2 months other then when I took the kids to a cupcake place that one on cupcake wars. lol

I also eat a lot of chicken. I am always on the look out for healthy marinades for chicken. We are a chicken family! I also replace our ground beef with turkey. I make turkey burgers with avocado or guacamole with no bun. I still eat carbs though...

I have also been going to the gym. I have so much energy since starting my new eating plan and going to the gym. My day ends at 1030-11 every night, and I am up at 5. I have never been able to get moving this quickly getting up at 5! lol I love my sleep! I also haven't been sleeping the greatest, so I am impressed with my energy!

Good luck though, Missi! Don't bring the "bad stuff" in your house, but also don't cut it off completely otherwise it can backfire!

2. Likes trina513 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: I need a cheering section

You'll have no issues with giving up sodas. Then again, I'm not a "sweet tooth" gal, so the soda just lifted right out for me.

Don't use the fake sugar stuff--it's worse for you than real sugar. All the Crystal Lite, Mio, etcetc sugar free stuff is really, really bad for you. Usually, anything that says "sugar free" is something you should stay away from. There are a bevy of health problems attributed to using aspartame, sucralose, neotame, saccharin, etc.

Try stevia extract, I bought a giant bottle of it in liquid form at Whole Foods for around $15. (It will last me forever.) I also have a tiny bottle of it w/ a dropped I keep in my purse. Order water with lots of lemon everywhere you go and add some drops of stevia. Yummy, sweet, no fakey chemical sludge and no calories. It's all-natural, vegan and calorie-free. And SWEET, for those with the craving! (There are also a few sodas made with stevia now. I like Zevia.)

I've done a lot, a LOT, of research over the past year and the best thing I can deduce is to go as natural as you can. Stuff like margarine (that is a few ticks away from being legally considered a plastic), "sugar free/diet" drinks that are loaded with chemical sugar substitutes, anything with HFCS--they all add to fatness. You have to clean your liver and blood, feed yourself healthy foods before you'll see any real weight loss.

I struggle with that, since I'm on a 26 year-old's budget, working full-time and now going to school half-time. It's so much easier and cheaper to buy a frozen pizza or stop by Whataburger (mm), but I'm officially back to trips to farmer's market, buying organic when I can (pesticides also contribute to fatness), lots of veggies and fruits, no beef and working to cut back the carbs. (Oh, you carbs. You delicious, delicious carbs. I love you, carbs. So hard.)

Just try to become healthier somewhat gradually, going cold turkey on everything generally leads to imminent failure. Don't beat yourself up if you have a soda one day or pasta one night. Every step counts, every good meal you have is a little victory. You can do it!

PS-
    There is this superamazing thing called a lemon faucet Sunkist sells. I use it every morning for my warm lemon water w/ stevia. It's also cool for making my skinny lemonade at home. It is cool and fun and makes juicing the lemon so much easier! http://www.costore.com/sunkist/produ...87&pid=1888343

4. Thanks sparkysgirl, mamaape thanked for this post
    Likes sparkysgirl, Lisa, mamaape liked this post
    missdamsel is online now *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so day one went ok. I stayed carb free most of the day. When I felt the need I wandered thru the kitchen and grabbed 1 grape! I did that 3 times yesterday! So I did pretty good till dinner, which I knew would be hard since it was hubbs birthday and he wanted Chicken fried Steak and Mashed potatoes. So I had that for dinner, but cut way down on the potatoes and chose a steak that most of the breading had fallen off. AndI only had 1 roll instead of the two I usually have.

Day two started with two laps around the park!

6. Likes Colleen liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you're doing well, Missi! It's always hard when there is a special event like a birthday ... you did good trying to have a strategy to enjoy the festivities without "falling off the wagon". Hope your power walk went well and keeps you motivated throughout the day!

Today my afternoon snack strategy is sliced cucumbers that I'm going to dip in this yummy jalapeno yogurt dipping sauce I found at Costco yesterday. It has no yogurt taste whatsoever ... it tastes yummy -- and it's very low carb. I also have a cantaloupe cut up and stored in a container in the fridge (bite size pieces).

Hang in there! You can do it!!!!!

*GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

So day four....

So far I have done ok. I have been keeping pretty much no carb during the day and low carb at dinner. Missing my milk more than anything, so this morning I caved and had a cup. I figure I will be better off doing small amounts of forbidden things rather than falling off the wagon!

I am walking almost every morning, I missed yesterday since I was terribly nauseated all day.

Post Thanks / Like

Throw a bunch of grapes in the freezer and munch away! I'm into textures, so I like the frozen grapes when I want to crunch on something and they're not hard on your teeth like crunching ice is. And yes, small amounts of stuff is better than trying to go cold turkey, then gorging.

Woohoo, walking is awesome! My mom said a lot of very heavy women at her job just started walking a little everyday and lost lots of weight. That doesn't walk for me (my walk to my desk is through out gigantic warehouse and doing that walk 4 times a day does nothing!), but brisk walking/jogging does. THANK GOD FALL IS COMING!

*GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

So I weighed in this morning, yes I know it hasn't been a week, but I prefer Friday Weigh ins. Well.... 6 pounds!! YAY!! Keep cheering me on! It is helping!!

11. Likes sparkysgirl, Ambelleina liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

woohoooooooo! go missi, go missi!

Post Thanks / Like

That's terrific, Missi! Big Congrats! Keep it up!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Congratulations Missi!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast