Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mommy Wars...

Post Thanks / Like

People.fraked out when we went from carrier to carseat, Madi was forward facing. She was 20lb and over a year. Plus, single cab truck. Only way to see until we got the SUV from my folks. A grand total of two weeks she was like that.
    Then forward in the SUV because the seat fit better and more securely. E was forward at a year, but way past 20lb.
    I get weird looks when I mention my 9-year-old and 7-year-old are still in boosters. Neither are at 50lb yet, and I'd like to wait until that, at the minimum.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Mommy Wars...

The very same reason I now stay away from the digi smack blogs, I couldn't handle all the negativity and bashing that goes on! It's ridiculous how cut throat some women can be.
    My Store

prettyingreen is online now *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Pretty in Green Designs
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 2

Post Thanks / Like

thats why i stopped going to one of those sites, too much drama..... and at that time i had found Ginger Scraps

4. Likes mamaape liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my gosh - I despise those forums. I get having opinions and expressing them, but it can be done kindly in a way to give advice if it is being asked.

There are quite a few military forums like that, and it's sad. There are women looking for help and advice with living in the military or dealing with a move or what to expect on a deployment, and there are so many women on those sites that are just downright mean.

We are all moms - we should be banding together to survive motherhood! ;) teehee

Post Thanks / Like

The same things used to happen on the adoption forum I was part of. So, I added my closest friends there to FB and we all said addios to the drama. I don't miss it at all!

Sent from my VM670 using Forum Runner

Post Thanks / Like

My nearly 9 year old is still in a booster, he's out of it once in a while when he's in Grandma's car (which isn't very often). I'm in a couple of local groups on Facebook and some people just beat up others!

Post Thanks / Like

I hear you girls! I was on a mommy forum when I was pg with DS and then up until few months after DD was born. And the bashing that can go on about anything wether it is about milestones, breat feed / formula feeding or car seats. Or just any other matter.

The fact remains in regards to car seats is that it all varies by the child. For instance DS was just under 9 months when we moved him out of the infant car seat because he was getting way to big for it and far to heavy. While DD was 15 months when we moved out of the infant car seat just because she was a wee little thing and she even still had leg room in that chair. We just moved her out from her car seat - she's now 4 - to a booster seat while my friends son who is 15 months younger than she is moved to a booster seat a month before her just because he is both larger and heavier than she is. For my son who is just about to turn 7, he is still in his booster seat. We have one booster without the back in hubby's car which he'll sit on from time to time but her actually prefers the back as much as he used to complain about it. He on the other hand has now reached 26 kgs / 57 lbs but he is far from being removed from the booster seat or just the booster.

This just is the same as about education, we need to view each student as an individual instead as a part of the whole.

9. Likes mamaape liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

All the drama makes us Mother's feel so alone - when actually we are all going through the same struggles/frustrations/questions in raising children. If everyone could pull together we wouldn't have to feel like we are standing alone.

Post Thanks / Like

you know I had this very conversation with my husband the other night. Other than the smallish forum I've been frequenting over the last few years, most of the mommy boards I've been too have turned me off at some point or another and I've moved in. I haven't really seen as much of that in the digi scrap community.

12. Likes mamaape liked this post
    msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear- I think I am late for this topic... I've zero clue on mommy forums.
    Since I am a grandma, a mama , a teacher, a wife and a friend... I suggest staying with digi!
    m
    Michelle

14. Likes mamaape liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast