Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mommy Wars...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mommy Wars...

Just another reason why I love hanging out HERE, at GingerScraps, than at Mommy forums and blogs. It's just too insane. Sure we're all mothers, grandmothers, aunties and the like... but we don't sit and judge and say harsh things to one another re: our parenting choices. I'm sure we all have opinions, but at least we keep them to ourselves, or share them with RESPECT...unlike what I see in these other mommycentric forums, etc.

I am venting(?) due to seeing a link on Facebook to an article(about RF and FF your child), to which I read and then proceeded to read the comments- it's just... frustrating that there are so many "mommy wars". I mean, focus on your own life and not everyone else's! ARG!

Okay, done ranting, and thanks GingerScrappers for being such a great group!

2. Likes yabby, Ricki, ShiLane, trina513, nikkiecole71 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Mommy Wars...

I know what you mean! I take what they say with a grain of salt, you have to do what's best for your family.

4. Likes mamaape liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Word. I can't stand the Mommy wars. Like, really, you want to be competitive about whether my kid is walking yet? Get a life! I don't "do" mommy boards anymore

6. Likes yabby liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

well Im dumb, what does "rf" and "ff" mean?

and wow, you just totally made my decision about going to a baby board with this pregnancy. I was at one for several years, throughout my entire pgcy with my oldest (she's 11 now!) all the way through when my youngest was 2! I eventually stopped going because those online friends went on to having more kids and I wasn't having any luck getting pregnant. So I left and never looked back. That is until the other day when I thought how it was helpful to go through it back then when I was a first-time around mother. But then I weighed in the fact that my digi friends got me through deployment, a very bad broken leg and many other ups and down's, that I thought my digi friends would be a better choice.

But golly after reading your post, I am thinking I'll lean more towards my digi friends instead of going back to the baby board, because I'll be honest, I'm older now and wont put up with high school behavior and if that is what is there, Im not interested. At least here, we are all (mostly) mature!
    I can't get photobucket to work.
    You know my name
    Neverland Scraps AKA: Wendy

8. Likes yabby, trina513, charmedeebob liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

RF: rear facing FF: front facing. In re: to car seats and at what age to turn a child. It's ridiculous, since every case, culture, child is different and there are these women who will say nasty little things, others not, but still... the amount of "crap" I see makes me glad I'm not a part of it. I'd be almost scared to join a mommy board, afraid to share my opinion (which I know does NOT coincide with many "granola" moms, etc.) so I am sticking to my digi friends, because they are best. ;) Plus, here we focus on how cute and awesome all our kids are, NOT about our parenting.

p.s. I do, of course, have RL mommy friends and I will talk and converse with them all the time about things, but online is just a breeding ground for attacking one's personal beliefs and feeling attacked. It doesn't help that moms are always so strong in their convictions, . Some just need to learn not to be so overbearing.

While I was pregnant I would go and read articles, and forum posts and then the following comments/threads....and I felt more confused reading those because everyone tells you one way is wrong, the other is right, you're a bad mom if you do this, blah blah blah - I got over THAT real quick. Would read an article and make my own decision, opinion and move on.

10. Likes yabby liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

LOL I don't know why people drum up the drama or how they even have time for it! Ack, that's why I like it here too None of that silliness!

12. Likes Neverland Scraps, trina513 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Instincts.
    Best advice I got: listen to what others say and then go with what your gut says. Got that from quite a few parents that I really admire.
    It's advice I follow now.

14. Likes yabby, DianaB, mamaape liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yup. Same thing. I'll listen to what people have to say, but I'll make up my own mind, based on my beliefs, and "gut feelings" as to what's right for me and MY kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    Instincts.
    Best advice I got: listen to what others say and then go with what your gut says. Got that from quite a few parents that I really admire.
    It's advice I follow now.

Post Thanks / Like

AMEN SISTER ;) LOL! Love it - one reason that GS is considered the friendliest place in digiland - we're all ADULT enough to keep our mouths shut ;) LOL!
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

17. Likes Inspired Designs, mamaape liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mamaape View Post
    RF: rear facing FF: front facing. In re: to car seats and at what age to turn a child. It's ridiculous, since every case, culture, child is different and there are these women who will say nasty little things, others not, but still... the amount of "crap" I see makes me glad I'm not a part of it. I'd be almost scared to join a mommy board, afraid to share my opinion (which I know does NOT coincide with many "granola" moms, etc.) so I am sticking to my digi friends, because they are best. ;) Plus, here we focus on how cute and awesome all our kids are, NOT about our parenting.

p.s. I do, of course, have RL mommy friends and I will talk and converse with them all the time about things, but online is just a breeding ground for attacking one's personal beliefs and feeling attacked. It doesn't help that moms are always so strong in their convictions, . Some just need to learn not to be so overbearing.

While I was pregnant I would go and read articles, and forum posts and then the following comments/threads....and I felt more confused reading those because everyone tells you one way is wrong, the other is right, you're a bad mom if you do this, blah blah blah - I got over THAT real quick. Would read an article and make my own decision, opinion and move on.
    Oh I got it now on the rf and ff....yeah this past month, I got a mouthful on facebook about commenting about my daughter getting out of her booster chair when she turned 8, even though the law says 8 or so many pounds. Apparently my friend goes by the weight and was horrified that I'd dare take my daughter out of the booster. Needless to say, after a day or two of my dd being out of her booster, she cried about not being able to see out the window and still uses the booster seat. So yeah, was it really necessary for my friend to bash me on fb about it? No....I simpy deleted her comments and moved forward

Quote Originally Posted by trina513 View Post
    AMEN SISTER ;) LOL! Love it - one reason that GS is considered the friendliest place in digiland - we're all ADULT enough to keep our mouths shut ;) LOL!
    And I dont think its a matter of us being adult enough to keep our mouths shut, I think its a matter of we respect each type of parenting skills and that's what makes the difference between the baby boards and digi! (Well some places in digi, I can't speak for them all!)
    I can't get photobucket to work.
    You know my name
    Neverland Scraps AKA: Wendy

19. Likes yabby, trina513, DianaB liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast