Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GingerScraps is online now Survivor *Digi-County Fair* Host
    The Queen
    *GingerBread Lady*
    Designer and Owner of GingerScraps

Post Thanks / Like

Default Loss of our kitty

Hi ladies,
    I know some of you (that are friends with me on Facebook) saw my post today... our sweet kitty Sugar passed away. She was the sweetest cat I have ever had, she was so loving and affectionate. My daughter Isabelle has a broken heart! Sugar was her kitty and Isabelle loved her so so much!! I got Sugar for Isabelle right after her dad and I divorced, Sugar helped Isa get through that time in her life, and they had a really strong bond.

If any of you are the praying kind, please say a prayer for my daughter Isabelle, I'm sure this is something that will take her a very long time to get past. EVERY password for her accounts, (FB, email, school computers, etc...) all of them are Sugar(and then some numbers). So all day long she has to type in the password I told her she should change her passwords.. but she said she feels bad and can't change it yet.
    I wish there was something I could do to help her, but I know it will just take time.
    I have a very heavy heart and and have cried almost every day and night since her passing last weekend. Although I feel kind of silly for being so emotional, I just can't help it. She was a precious cat, and we will miss her so very much!!
    Here are a few pics of her-
    This was her as a kitten -

Isa and I were drinking tea and decided to get Sugar a tea cup of water, so she could join us

Sugar always came in my room once Isa went to school, this is a pic of her laying on my bed looking out the window.
    Last edited by GingerScraps; 08-24-2012 at 09:22 PM.

Sarah is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team

Post Thanks / Like

Hugs to you and Isa. You're in my thoughts.

3. Thanks GingerScraps thanked for this post
    Ricki is online now *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Snickerdoodle*
    *GingerScraps Ad Team

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Loss of our kitty

Oh my, that is so sad! I most certainly understand the pain of losing a pet.
    My prayers that with time the memory will ease your daughter's broken heart.

I cried for weeks when the 'father' of our present 'babies' died six years ago, so it's certainly not silly.

5. Thanks GingerScraps thanked for this post
    MSPeeler is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

Aww! I'm so Terribly sorry for your loss! We lost my 1st fur baby in March 2011, and even though it's been 1.5 years, I still miss him a ton!!! The loss of a pet is hard, but I will pray for her the cope well with the change.

7. Thanks GingerScraps thanked for this post
    dodgeladee is offline *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Ginger! I am sorry to hear about Sugar. Prayers for you and your fam! Losing a pet.is hard and i certainly don't think crying is silly! I did it too when my cat passed away! Hugs to you!

9. Thanks GingerScraps thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ginger,

Sugar was beautiful! Your post made me cry ... I can relate to the pain and grief you feel with the loss of Sugar. It is truly losing a member of the family. We lost a truly sweet, and very unusual cat, named Tigger about this time last year. We still miss him terribly, but with the passage of time we are better able to smile and laugh about the memories we shared with him! I know it's a struggle for Isabelle, because she had such a bond with Sugar. I am the praying kind ... and, I'm including her in my prayers.

In our case, Tigger had been sick since March of last year. After months of struggle, the vet finally determined that he had a tumor in his nasal passage. There wasn't anything they could do for him. I did this layout to work through my grief. I thought I'd share it, since the poem really helped me so much (poem is by Susan Jackson). This layout is hanging in my vets office in the room where Tigger passed away.

I'm so sorry for your loss!

11. Thanks GingerScraps thanked for this post
    sladd79054 is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

Oh goodness, I am so sorry for the loss of your pets Ginger and Lisa, Lisa that poem made me cry, I have a huge lump in my throat. Ginger, I am praying for Isabelle.

13. Thanks GingerScraps thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

oh no the loss of our kitty sidney just last month has still left our family pretty sad too, so i know exactly how you are feeling. in time, i hope the memories, love, and good times you all shared together, will help you cope with the loss of your baby.

15. Thanks GingerScraps thanked for this post
    GingerScraps is online now Survivor *Digi-County Fair* Host
    The Queen
    *GingerBread Lady*
    Designer and Owner of GingerScraps

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all, Lisa your layout is beautiful! I just sent about 15 photos over to the local drug store to get printed. We are going to have a little service this weekend for Sugar. Isabelle made a box of her toys and we wanted to include some photos of Sugar in the box. Chandler (my son) is working on drawing a few pictures too.
    Everyday after school Isabelle would sit outside with Sugar and "talk to her about her day" so we are going to make a little memorial rock and bury the memory box. It is hard to know what to do, but I think this will help Isabelle grieve, and she can still have a spot to go "talk to sugar".

Ugh, it is just so sad

Post Thanks / Like

oh, I'm so sorry! I'm praying for Isa. Losing a pet is a difficult loss. {{HUGS}}
    Pinterest Twitter
    Siggy created with GS's Dia de los Muertos Monthly Mix

18. Thanks GingerScraps thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast