Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Woo-Hoo! It's Pool Time

So hubby and I have been concentrating on losing weight since last November. I have a really bad knee that was dragging me down and causing me to gain weight due to inactivity. I finally decided enough was enough and we made some major changes to our diet, which consisted of no sugar, no flour, no pasta or rice, and no starchy vegetables. Basically a low carb diet but not as low as Atkins. It worked and has now become a life style change for us. I've lost 50 lbs and my hubby has lost 60 lbs.

We decided that it was time to test out the knee and get some exercise after an opportunity arose to join our local YMCA through one of their financial scholarships because my hubby is on disability. Our Y is a brand new facility that just opened in February and it's gorgeous!

We're spending 5 days a week in this fun pool taking a water aerobics class 3 mornings a week and then swimming on our own the other 2 days. And let me tell you, my hiney is dragging! It's quite the workout but I am loving it. I grew up on the water so I'm like a fish when it comes to swimming and so far, my knee is cooperating and letting me do this so I'm a happy camper because we had to commit to a year.

My Store

2. Likes Ricki, ShiLane, Colleen, trina513, Lisa, mamaape liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Woo-Hoo! It's Pool Time

GO KATHY!

And that pool looks HEAVENLY!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, 50 pounds, you go girl!! Swimming is my favorite exercise and that pool looks amazing!!

Post Thanks / Like

What an awesome looking pool! Congratulations on the weight loss and keep up the good work. Swimming is the best exercise when you have knee problems.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! Kathy - that's fantastic! What a gorgeous pool - I wish we'd get a Y in town - my BIL has one in his town (1.5 hours away) and the kids always want to go - how fun!
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

That is amazing, Kathy! Awesome work with the 50 pound weight loss!!!!

That pool looks awesome!!

Post Thanks / Like

OMG!!! THat looks like so much fun!! I probably would brave donning a bathing suit to be able to play :-) there!!

Post Thanks / Like

So awesome on your weight loss Kathy!! And I'm like a fish in the water too, so I would LOVE to have a pool like that to swim in 5 days a week!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scrapolina View Post
    OMG!!! THat looks like so much fun!! I probably would brave donning a bathing suit to be able to play :-) there!!
    I told someone that! I said, "can you tell how excited I am to be able to swim in this pool everyday, I'm even willing to put on a bathing suit in public!" Yikes!
    My Store

Post Thanks / Like

We officially finished our first week of class this morning and it feels good! I'm still a little sore and tired but it's so worth it to get moving again. You don't realize just how much you work your muscles until you perform the exercises in water. Hubby sits in the jacuzzi after class but I'm a glutton for punishment so swim laps until he's ready to leave. You'd think I would quit while I was ahead. Some days that walk out to the car after spending a couple of hours at the Y feels like torture but it will get easier.
    My Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast