Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default New & Overwhelmed!!

Hi I am not really new, Ive been buying and downloading for months!! I bought PSE and I have not created one single thing!! I read and print tutorials but most do not clarify the some parts, such as I have many templates, and they are in all different formats and I dont know how to start..HOw do you take those layers and pieces and put the pattern on from the paper?? and many more!! I have been looking for definitions for the different procedures+++..I cant use the video tuts because I have limited internet usage and I find that if I print I can read as I go, but its always that one thing that I dont understand..If anybody understands me and can help please do..LOL thanks and sorry for the long sob story..

PS: I am even confused in here..what are tags??lol

msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New & Overwhelmed!!

First of all... Welcome to Ginger Scraps. Oh Honey, you are safe here
    There are many of us that have walked in your shoes. Take a deep breath...... "we" are all here to assist you.
    Let us know your program, and questions you might have.
    it will be ok.
    m
    Michelle

3. Thanks gammaof7 thanked for this post
    Likes geswho40, Ricki, ajoyfulheart liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say, start simple:

open a paper you like
    open a photo, copy the photo and paste it onto the paper
    you'll see you now have two layers (everything is done in layers)
    now try adding a element, copy and paste

Once you play with the program and layers it will get easier.

...and welcome to GingerScraps!

5. Thanks gammaof7 thanked for this post
    Likes trina513, ajoyfulheart liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just reading ya'll message of help makes me feel so good.. After the layers some say flatten it before saving?? If I layer it like you said do i save with out doing anything else??

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I have PSE10, bit I havent used it yet, and I got it for xmas, does that tell you something..lol I have another question do I save a copy of everything I use? Like if I use a photo, paper, elements..Once you use them are they gone from my files??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gammaof7 View Post
    Just reading ya'll message of help makes me feel so good.. After the layers some say flatten it before saving?? If I layer it like you said do i save with out doing anything else??
    it is confusing to start isn't it!?! welcome to Gingerscraps hun, you will find lots of people willing to pop in and answer your questions and give you ideas!
    once you have something you'd like to save, this is what I do, I save it as the PSD (non-flattened file) and then I flatten it (right click on your layers palette and it should say flatten image) and then I do "Save AS" from the main menu and change the file type to JPEG. That is the "printable" version
    Hope that helps!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gammaof7 View Post
    Oh I have PSE10, bit I havent used it yet, and I got it for xmas, does that tell you something..lol I have another question do I save a copy of everything I use? Like if I use a photo, paper, elements..Once you use them are they gone from my files??
    no, once you use them they are not gone, you are creating a new file, full of layers, that contains copies of all those elements, pictures, etc. You have that new layered file (and the flattened image version of it like I said above) and that is separate from all the elements, papers, etc.
    That is the beauty of a digital scrapbooking kit, you can reuse it infinite times

prettyingreen is offline *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Pretty in Green Designs
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 2

Post Thanks / Like

i'm not very good at explaining in type lol, but it looks like these girls have you on the right path, the advise i can give is just play around, and never save over an original file always change the name, that way you are not saving over your photos, or scrapping goodies.

Post Thanks / Like

Has this gotten you started on the right path? I hope you have had a chance to play around a little bit.

I would definitely use Rachel's advice of changing the file name. One thing I like to do almost right away is save my LO with a name (what I plan on using as a title on the layout itself). Then I can save periodically as I make my LO. There is nothing worse then having your program freeze on you, and then you lose your entire LO. ;)

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you got a LOT of great advice! I know starting off is a BIT overwhelming - to say the least! Hang in there hun - you'll be scrapping beautiful LOs before you know it (without even thinking twice!) WELCOME TO GS!!
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast