Post Thanks / Like

Wink Hello from Michigan's Thumb!

Hi everyone, I am GreyRaven on the WWW. but to my family and friends, I am Cindy. I have been a scrapper for almost 13yrs give or take. Lately since we moved to the thumb about 5yrs ago I slowly had been loosing my funk. Now that my kids are all grown and graduated...I don't know what to scrap. Not that everything i have has been scrapped...I only did like quick books for their open houses and called it good. still have so many photos to scrap but it is like now that they are grown up ...I just don't feel the craftyness. Has anyone else felt that way? anyways i have been collecting and collecting and feeling like i want to do some digi scrapping so hoping to get into some of the challenges and games and stuff.

I am 46yrs old, married for 24yrs. to a good man. Have three children 2 girls- 25yrs and 20yrs old and a boy 19yrs. no grandchildren or marriages yet. I am a photographer. love boxers have one crazy one too lol. I guess anything you would like to know just ask.

I really hope i can get out of this funk and get back to doing the two things i love most. photography and scrapping.

blessed be

GreyRaven

ps...
    how do i make one of them great siggys or can someone show me?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hello from Michigan's Thumb!

Hi from a West Michigander! (Actually, I was a W. Michigander. Now I'm a Texan lol.)
    Anyway, I bet you could take some crazy pics of the weather in the thumb, especially in the winter!
    as far as siggies...I am not good with siggy-making so I can't really help you, but hopefully someone can! I know there are size limits but it's been so long since I made my siggy that I can't even remember what they are lol.
    Pinterest Twitter
    Siggy created with GS's Dia de los Muertos Monthly Mix

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to GingerScraps, I added some info to your Please Help thread.

I have a tutorial for creating an animated siggie here... http://forums.gingerscraps.net/showt...e-in-Photoshop

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to GS! I hope you get out of yout funk soon! I bet you have some amazing photos. I hope joining us will make you feel inspired and you will be back to your favorite hobbies soon. Glad you are here.

msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

HI Cindy and welcome to Ginger Scraps. Happy you are here. We are empty nesters too. Think about scrapping your photography - for you, and perhaps some heritage, or little vacations you and hubby take.
    m
    Michelle

emscraps is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

HI Cindy, welcome to Gingerscraps! I'm new here, too. And thanks for asking about the siggy, I'll have to try it out!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Gingerscraps!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Gingerscraps, Cindy! I was going to suggest jumping in to the challenges ... I find it's the best way to gain some inspiration and to just get something done. Hope to see you posting in the gallery soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep what Lisa said, lol. Challenges are fantastic for getting the creative juices flowing again, and I have scrapped and re-scrapped certain photos more than once or even twice, because a different kit or challenge comes out that is perfect for it. I am not a serious scrapbook maker, I am here to play mostly, so I am never under the gun to get certain photos done. I am also an empty nester, but with the challenges you will most certainly find photos to play with, and find your scrapping mojo again And thank you for asking about the siggy, because I would love to learn how to do the animated siggy that the link leads you to. If you want just a regular siggy, there are templates specifically for siggy's to help you along, although I didn't see any here at GS. There is usually someone here to help you though if you want to just try one, and if you have questions or run into problems just start a thread in the help section and someone will be along shortly to help you. Welcome to GS it's a great place to play and hang out!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi! and welcome from another Michiganian!!! Though I live in the Detroit metro area. Yup, I agree w/others - doing the challenges will help get ya going again.