Post Thanks / Like

Default Empty nest syndrom !!!

I have been wondering over the past few days whether it is possible to get an empty next syndrom when my kids are only 4 and 6 (well almost 7)! DD either has her friend over to play (which happens to be one of DS's best friends little sister) or she is playing at her house. DS is out all day long, around 11 am he either dashes through the door to meet up with some of his friends or any of them come to pick him up and they'll drop in at any of the houses when they are hungry before continue to play outside until 6 pm. Some days they'll play here in the yard all day long and other days I won't see him from 11 am till 6 pm. Last summer we gave DS a mobile phone that hangs around his neck. This has been probably the best thing we have bought because this way I can always call him or he can reach us. He will also let us know when he changes locations or comes home with somebody. I am enjyoing it to the fullest to live in a very child friendly neighborhood and country. He was asking the other day to move to Sweden because his friend lives there and he misses him. We told him that if he lived there he wouldn't be able to just run around and enjoying being 6 and free. Their most interesting and fun area is the lava, we of cause have plenty of that here in Hafnarfjordur and our neighborhood is one giant lava field. So there are plenty of little lava hills to climp, with little crevesis to play in or jump over.

2. Likes AmyP liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Empty nest syndrom !!!

Wow! That sounds like fun! You've got me thinking that I need to move there! (Except active volcanoes don't suit me!) It's so hard to find a place that you can let your kids run free! I guess I've just got to plan my family vacation around a meetup!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Empty nest syndrom !!!

Not a problem Sara, let me know when you'll pop over ;)
    This is the norm over here, except maybe if you live in the ReykjavÝk city center as there the play areas are few and far between.There are very few people live real near any active vulcanos so like for us when the last large one was in GrÝmsv÷tn couple of years back we only got the ash - well that was really enough all by itself LOL so annoying to clean that up!