Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tattoo Thread!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tattoo Thread!

That is freaking AWESOME!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colleen View Post
    Have you guys seen this? It's pretty amazing.

2. Likes Colleen liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
    wow y'all are so brave. I could never and never will get one. Just the thought makes me queasy.

I do have a question. While I was at the dr's office today I saw a lady come in with a tatoo showing. As I was looking at it, I noticed it was raised above her skin. Then when I went to get some medicine filled at the pharmacy, I noticed someone else who had tattoos and they too were raised.

So my question is, are they raised from the skin when they are finished?
    yes, they are puffy for about a week after you get them done. they peel sometimes too. you have to take care of them after you first get them done. it's like a wound. they really are addicting. you all are totally getting my wheels spinning!!!!!
    and holy smokes that tummy tatt is sexy! i won't ever have a tummy like that again after having twins...so i will stick with my little lady buck on my wrist...LOL
    i was going to get a really nice detailed one done on my foot, but turns out the want i want it on (because other tattoo is on my ankle) needs to have surgery...boo). so wrist it is!

4. Likes Ambelleina liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

No tattoos yet, but I have a few in mind, just not sure where I want them placed....I'm going to get the taino coqui looks like this:

most likely on my right shoulder. I also want something with the dates that we lost my uncle, my great grandmother, and my godbrother, i'm thinking a list of dates around my wrist/ankle or down my side, and I will be getting one with my best friend since middle school and another with my best friend since high school, so i'll have at least 4 tattoos.
    Last edited by ShiLane; 08-01-2012 at 04:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

That video was crazy! Wow...tatoos on the face are just...crazy! I mean if someone wants that more power to them..but waw..what if you change your mind..that is your face. My cousin has the word family across his neck and that is even a big step. But, the face...wow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JillW View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen a tattoo raised above the skin - did it look unhealthy Wendy?
    I didn't have a chance to snap photos of mine today but will try to tomorrow.
    You are asking the person who is probably most clueless about tatoos here at GingerScraps. I have no idea if it looked unhealthy...it was a tatoo that was raised, just like the other person's at the pharmacy. The one at the dr's was that blackish-purple stuff and the one that was raised at the pharmacy was colorful. I really dont know if they were unhealthy or fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Twin Mom Scraps View Post
    yes, they are puffy for about a week after you get them done. they peel sometimes too. you have to take care of them after you first get them done. it's like a wound. they really are addicting!
    Blech, I think they are only addicting to certain people. You got people like me who are scared out of their minds and sick at the thought of whatever they do to your skin (eww, just talking about isn't settling well with my stomach) And please, dont think Im condoning...we are military and almost every Army wife I've seen has at least one tatoo!! I am just not your typical Army wife I have thin skin to tatoos, horrors and I can keep naming things!!
    I can't get photobucket to work.
    You know my name
    Neverland Scraps AKA: Wendy

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have any tatoos, either! I change my mind too much so I don't know what I would want on me FOREVER! My husband has 6...some people they look good on and others...not so much! He still wants to get the kids' names somewhere. My little sister, who is only 20, already has two. One of a feather on her neck and one of a rose on her side. They are nice tatoos; but not something I would want. I have torn feelings about tatoos...I use to work in a nursing home and after seeing so many men and women who had them for so long, I don't think they look so great! However, there are some people...Adam Levine comes to mind...who look hot with them!

My Blog Digital Layouts by 3BluEyedBabies FB

Proudly creating for Colie's Corner

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly can't imagine getting a tattoo in "certain" places ... lol ... I'm sure there are areas that are a lot (!) more sensitive than others! Hee hee.
    I like sleeve tattoos too - but would never be brave enough for one of them.
    My hubby has lots of tattoos - shoulder - arm - chest - his are big ... and he has been talking of getting another one - He got his first about 4 years ago - then I got a baby one ... and then another - and another ... well, you get the idea! LOL.

Here are mine - sorry that the pic quality isn't the best - used my cell phone - and it was tough getting a good shot because I'm just not as limber as I used to be to bend and twist and turn - lol.

The one on my wrist : got it after mom passed away last year - the heart is to represent dad and mom - wings to represent they are both in heaven and the swirls, to represent me and my sisters and our families.

The flower was the 1st one I got - a digi-kit-designer-friend designed it for me

The butterfly - got it while on a motorcycle ride - stopped at a tattoo place and loved it so I got it

Most recent (couple months) tattoo - Blessed - Red flower is my birthstone - Blue is our son and Yellow is my hubby. DIL's birthstone is the same as mine. My intentions are to get smaller flowers around this once Jacob and Amanda provide us with grandbabies.
    Last edited by JillW; 08-01-2012 at 06:25 PM.

10. Likes mamaape liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Colleen View Post
    Have you guys seen this? It's pretty amazing.

Wow loved that! I get the "YOU have a TATTOO?!?" thing lol. I guess there's some connotation with having tattoos. /shrug

His tattoos are insane! They look so amazing. Now I'm tattoo self-conscious lol!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123