lorigaud is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

Default Horrible timing....

So it's our school vacation week, and my 3 boys and I headed to PA so that my oldest son AJ could attend an accepted students day at Elizabethtown College. We drove down yesterday and went to Hershey's Chocolate World before checking in at our hotel in the middle of Harrisburg. All was fine until about 1am, when AJ started vomiting and having diarrhea. Poor kid was up most of the night, as was I, since I couldn't go back to sleep. Needless to say, he wasn't able to attend the event at Etown in the morning, although he was better enough (after taking meds) to go to at least a little bit of the day while I met with the financial aid director. Noah, Ben and I were able to have lunch there with the free tickets they provided too, and we I had a chance to explore the campus a bit while AJ was busy in the class. AJ and I were there in November, so at least we had done the campus tour previously and had the majority of our questions answered then. I just feel so bad for the poor kid... not enough that he was sick, but whenever he has a vomiting spell, his face looks all bruised from the blood vessels around his face "popping". How miserable.

I decided that I was not going to make the 8 hour drive home on 3 hours of sleep, so I found a resort in the Poconos for $62! It's regularly $260 a night, so a sweet deal for sure. We drove the 2.5 hours to get here, so we'll be partway home already when we leave in the morning. AJ is in bed, and I am just leaving the pool with the other 2 boys. Not exactly how we planned the trip, but we made parts of it fun at least. I just hope that none of the rest of us end up with what AJ has!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Horrible timing....

Oh, poor guy! I hope he is feeling better. Glad you were able to make your trip a little bit fun. Hope you don't get the yuck!

3. Thanks lorigaud thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

You weren't far from me! I live about 30 minutes from Hershey!! I'm so very sorry to hear that the darn stomach bug ruined your trip. It's been doing a lot of that lately; my daughter's 11 birthday was ruined when she got the stomach bug the night before her sleepover & Party. We had to throw away all 50 cupcakes she made just in case since she baked them herself. It seems to be really bad this year for some reason. I hope you all feel better now. At least he was able to attend some of it and already had a tour. I hear it's a great school!

Proudly creating for Colie's Corner & Guesting for Kellybell Designs

5. Likes lorigaud liked this post
    msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Lori! What a time for AJ! And for all of y'all...with so much excitement planned. So sorry AJ became ill.
    at least taking time to return home.
    drive safely.
    hoping AJ feels better soon.
    m
    Michelle

7. Likes lorigaud liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Wow! First, I hope that he is feeling much better by now and will be even better for the car ride home in the morning. Big hugs to the poor fellow. Second, I LOVE Hershey Park! I live in Mississippi now, but I am from Wilkes-Barre so I have been to Hershey many times.

Other than AJ being sick, I'm glad that the trip went ok for you and about the room in the Pocono's... God was looking out for you and the boys for you to have found something there that was affordable for the night. He knows you were running on empty. ((hugs))

9. Likes lorigaud liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That's an awesome deal. That area is so pretty!!
    I'm so sorry AJ got sick and wasn't able to do all of the school stuff. I'm sure that really bummed him out. I remember that awesome freshman feeling! ;)
    I'm glad that you are a "Look for the silver lining" kind of person, Lori, and made the best of it... And even added fun to it!!

11. Thanks lorigaud thanked for this post
    Likes trina513 liked this post
    trina513 is offline *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Dear Friends Designs
    **Lead GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no! Poor guy! Hope no one else gets sick as well!!

I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

13. Thanks lorigaud thanked for this post
    lorigaud is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *Sugar Cookie*

Post Thanks / Like

Hey ladies.. thanks for the healthy vibes... we are home and AJ is feeling much better today. Keeping fingers crossed that the rest of us stay healthy! We all had a full 8 hours of sleep last night, and that felt great!

15. Likes trina513, carla liked this post
    msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

So happy for home and "safe"... Gee the mom in me, just doesn't stop!
    It will all work out for AJ and school. Prayers ... no one else caught the germs.
    m
    Michelle

Post Thanks / Like

I feel bad for both of you and hope things have improved on the home front with a couple good nights of sleep and back to being healthy!! Wow, you sure got a nice deal for the hotel, that's a lucky break, although it would have been better if the original plans went better.

18. Thanks lorigaud thanked for this post