Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    254
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Do you have a printing system?

    I was a traditional scrapper and then I migrated to digital but I had only a few layouts (really few... I guess 2 or 3) printed. I just couldn't find my printing system right. How do you do that? Do you print at home or you use a online service? How often do you print? How do you organize yours files?

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    St. Hedwig, TX
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Do you have a printing system?

    I find that I don't often print the ones I make for myself. I have them on my laptop. The ones I've made for others (And the few of my own I did print) I sent off to Artscow.com. It's slow to ship because it comes out of Hong Kong, but you can't beat their prices and the quality is really good too. The cool thing is they also have lots of neat gifts (My son has a backpack with our family photo on it that I carried as his diaper bag and now he uses to carry things around when we're out and about. It's 5 years old and still looks brand new!)
    Plus artscow is always giving freebies away, you just pay shipping. Might be worth looking into!
    I know my sister uses Snapfish or Shutterfly because she doesn't like the long waiting time to get her prints, but to me, they are pricey!

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    254
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Do you have a printing system?

    Oh, thanks for the suggestion. I'll check it for sure. Besides the printing service, I need to come up with a system to keep track of what I have to print and what is already printed. I don't know where to start.

  4. #4
    msbrad's Avatar
    msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    16,194
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Do you have a printing system?

    Well....I print [eventually]. If a quick one pager I want done, I take it to Sam's Club [I merge the 12x12 onto a 12x16 paper size they have so it is not distorted. Often I will fill that 4 inch empty area with smaller photos].
    I also use Persnickety Prints, Scrapping Simply and VioVio.
    It just depends if I have them printed as individual LO to slide into an album or bound in a book.
    Example- DD's wedding album, our cruises and my project 52= a book
    Our frequent day trips, beach vacations individual 12x12 and slide into an album.
    m
    ps- at present, I'm behind on printing.
    Michelle


  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Summers are too Quick, Minnesota
    Posts
    6,195
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Do you have a printing system?

    I print into bound albums. I used to print the 12x12 pages individually, put them in page protectors, and put them in an album. I found that the bound albums were actually cheaper and took up less space!

    I do our 365 albums. Then the kids have their yearly albums. I plan on doing one album each with all their school photos and school events, so those photos probably won't be in their yearly albums.

    It's so much fun getting the bound albums in the mail!

  6. Likes jencrook liked this post
  7. #6

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,135
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Do you have a printing system?

    I print through Shutterfly in their 12x12 books. I like the less bulky pages and the coupons are pretty good. I can usually print for about a $1 a page. Thats a steal of a deal. I do keep CD's and a back up of all the pages so the kids can have a digital copy someday.

  8. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,135
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Do you have a printing system?

    Quote Originally Posted by DaniAlencar (JB Studio) View Post
    Oh, thanks for the suggestion. I'll check it for sure. Besides the printing service, I need to come up with a system to keep track of what I have to print and what is already printed. I don't know where to start.
    I have folders on my desktop. One is printed, pages ready to print (broken down into subfolders by the year) then when I am ready to print, I can upload it to Shutterfly chronologically. My "printed" folder gets backed up again to the external drive and to CD's.

  9. Likes Colleen liked this post
  10. #8

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    254
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Do you have a printing system?

    Quote Originally Posted by Colleen View Post
    I print into bound albums. I used to print the 12x12 pages individually, put them in page protectors, and put them in an album. I found that the bound albums were actually cheaper and took up less space!

    I do our 365 albums. Then the kids have their yearly albums. I plan on doing one album each with all their school photos and school events, so those photos probably won't be in their yearly albums.

    It's so much fun getting the bound albums in the mail!
    Oh, I love the idea of bound albums, but I should have all layouts ready to go to print them right? Which service do you use?

  11. #9

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    254
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Do you have a printing system?

    Quote Originally Posted by jencrook View Post
    I have folders on my desktop. One is printed, pages ready to print (broken down into subfolders by the year) then when I am ready to print, I can upload it to Shutterfly chronologically. My "printed" folder gets backed up again to the external drive and to CD's.
    mmm it's a good system, so I guess you move from one folder to another when they are printed, right? I like the idea. Do you also keep editable files or only the flat images in high resolution?

  12. #10

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Summers are too Quick, Minnesota
    Posts
    6,195
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Do you have a printing system?

    I've only used Blurb so far. I just ordered a wedding album for my brother and SIL from persnickety prints though. Yes, they all need to be ready to print for that album. You also want to make sure that it's all in the correct order too once you add it to the book online. ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaniAlencar (JB Studio) View Post
    Oh, I love the idea of bound albums, but I should have all layouts ready to go to print them right? Which service do you use?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •