Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Frustrated BIG Time

I would be frustrated too and I hope some of the above hints help you out. My son has told me for years that Seagate EHD's are pieces of crap and not to ever, ever, ever waste your money on them. I bought one and had lots of issues with it, not nearly to the extent as you are having, and that is when he told me they are crap. So sorry! Can you return it and get a Western Digital or another brand and try that?

Good luck!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone for you comments, concerns and suggestions. After 2 days and a few more gray hairs, I have given up on it for now. Hubby did find out that what I have to do if I want to use PSP and this bleeping EHD, is Open the PSP program and let it sit, then plug in the EHD. That is such a pain for me because I leave them plugged in for the most part. I leave my other EHD plugged in and never ever have a problem with it and PSP.

I guess doing it as he suggested isn't a big issue really, just something else I have to adjust to and do differently. I have contacted Seagate via emailing tech support today and those "people" don't know what they are talking about as he sent me a link for a mac and I don't have a mac. LOL. Guess I will call them tomorrow and actually talk to someone. Grrr. If I get no resolution, I will erase the stinking thing, take it back and get something different as Heidi suggested.

Any way, thank you again everyone for your support and suggestions.

I proudly create for

3. Likes Neverland Scraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if you maybe just want to take it back right now? Maybe there is a problem with the EHD in general. I would hate for it to go out on you completely a few months down the road. Just a thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed with Colleen, maybe it is defective. I have the exact same EHD and I've never had an issue with it. My brother and boyfriend both build their own computers and they both suggested Seagate as a good brand. Mine holds ALL my scrapping stuff, but I'm not a PSP user, I use PS CS6 Extended; I was using CS3 and it worked fine with it, too.

It really sounds like an issue, though, that doesn't have to do with the EHD. My CS3 used to freeze up and time out sometimes and it wasn't the EHD, it was my computer. As Sarah suggested, you might want to clean up your computer a bit and run a registry cleaner. CCleaner works really well and it's free.

I'd suggest unhooking the EHD, unstalling PSP, rebooting, running CCleaner to clean up the caches and registries, defrag your on-board HD, rebooting again, reinstalling PSP and rehooking the EHD. I kept having issues with CS6 when I first installed (froze, timed out, had to kill from Task Manager) and used to have the same issues with CS3 sometimes, but after doing all that to make sure everything was clean, it works just fine now.

If you KEEP having the same issue, you either have a defective EHD or the version of PSP you're using may not be compatible with it (too old).

Post Thanks / Like

I am frustrated for you with having to deal with that. Golly I have so many ehd's, which are always plugged in all the time and never had any problem with my psp opening or crashing!!

I do agree, that it might just be a defective ehd and you might want to try replacing it with another one, whether it be the same brand or not. I've only used Western Digital ehd's and swear by them as I've not had any problems with them. Good luck Lori. Im sorry you are going through this ((hugs))
    I can't get photobucket to work.
    You know my name
    Neverland Scraps AKA: Wendy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12