Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Frustrated BIG Time

I am frustrated and hope someone can help me out. Please.

I had to transfer all my pics and my scrapbook stuff to my new Seagate Free Agent Go Flex 1 tb EHD today. It took me over 5 hours to do so and that was just for the scrapbook stuff. Any way, after the transfer was complete, I opened my PSP program (which worked fine yesterday) and PSP froze. I uninstalled and reinstalled PSP 3 times today to no avail. It still froze. I cussed it out several times and got mad and just walked away from it.

I unplugged the new EHD and my PSP opens and works fine. There is a conflict somewhere between the 2 programs somewhere and it's driving me crazy.

Has anyone ever had a problem with this sort of thing and if so what did you do?

Any help would be great...

Thank you so much
    Lori

I proudly create for

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Frustrated BIG Time

oh no! I wish I could help but I have absolutely no idea what could be wrong. When I read your post, the first thing I thought was "How could an EHD interfere with what happens on the computer?" Have you tried using any other programs while your EHD is connected? (I'm wondering if somehow the EHD is pulling so much RAM that there's nothing left for other programs...but why would it need so much RAM?)
    Like I said, I'm pretty much an idiot when it comes to these things lol, so I'm not much help. But I'll cross my fingers that you get it figured out ASAP!
    Pinterest Twitter
    Siggy created with GS's Dia de los Muertos Monthly Mix

Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea why that would be happening either. I have had 5 EHDs through the last few years, and I have never had them have a conflict with any of my programs.... I have had the Seagate brand ones too.

I hope you can figure it out. I know how frustrating things like that can be.

prettyingreen is online now *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Pretty in Green Designs
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 2

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto to what the girls said, i hope you get some help, here's a bump

Post Thanks / Like

Oh how frustrating! I'm so sorry!!

Here's a link that may have some useful information ... http://forum.corel.com/EN/viewtopic....7241&view=next - talks about making sure your PSP is up to date and has some other things to check - I hope it helps!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JillW View Post
    Oh how frustrating! I'm so sorry!!

Here's a link that may have some useful information ... http://forum.corel.com/EN/viewtopic....7241&view=next - talks about making sure your PSP is up to date and has some other things to check - I hope it helps!!
    Thank you SO much for this link. I will check into it in the morning as I am still too frustrated with the whole thing. Uggh...

I proudly create for

Post Thanks / Like

OH! I am frustrated for you!!! I wish I could help! You've already done everything I know to do lol!
    Good luck getting it figured out; I can only imagine how irritated you must be!

Post Thanks / Like

That's weird, Lori! I've never heard of an EHD interfering with a program like that before. I hope you figure it out. And let us know, okay.
    My Store

Post Thanks / Like

I don't use PSP (so not sure how the program retrieves its files) but have you tried just letting the program just sit in it's frozen state for a while. Sometimes when I move a whole lot of my scrapping files around it takes a little while for my program to register that the files are in a different location and freezes while doing so. Other than that I have know idea sorry!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nickala27 View Post
    I don't use PSP (so not sure how the program retrieves its files) but have you tried just letting the program just sit in it's frozen state for a while. Sometimes when I move a whole lot of my scrapping files around it takes a little while for my program to register that the files are in a different location and freezes while doing so. Other than that I have know idea sorry!
    I agree with that.
    Also make sure you've done a registry/file clean-up. It can cause issues, too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast