Post Thanks / Like

Default Reno time is upon us!

We moved in to our house almost 2 years ago now and have done almost nothing cosmetically since we moved in. The house was passed down to us from my Hubby's parents when they went into an assisted living facility, so, it still looks like it did when they left. Ie: old, yucky wall paper, bright yellow paint in the dining room and a two toned kitchen (fuchsia and tan). None of which is our style. We didn't want to do anything to the house because we weren't sure if we'd be staying here or moving out of the province again. The kids are in school now and have settled into life here so I think we're going to stick around for a while. I hope.

We decided that it's time to start fixing the house up. We removed a wall between the living room and the dining room to give it a more open concept. We added a laundry room and mudroom area in the front entry porch too. The next step other than painting is a complete reno on the bathroom. Actually, the bathroom is going to be moved from it's current location into the spare bedroom. The current bathroom will then become a master closet and a closet for my daughters room. It's going to be amazing when it's done. We're on a really strict budget so I'm trying to do this as economically possible.

When that's complete, next year we're doing the kitchen! That's what I'm excited for! I'm all about the kitchen! I think tomorrow I'm going to take a whole bunch of "before" pictures so I can scrap all about our reno process.

Juliemomof4 is offline *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Creations By Julie
    *And most importantly... My Sister!! <3

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Reno time is upon us!

When i saw the title of this post I thought you were moving to "Reno" its in Nevada and about 1 hour from me...hahahah. But I see you mean reno..as in "reno"vation! lol! Good luck...it will be beautiful when it is done but a big pain in the butt while you are doing it!

3. Likes Psychozoe liked this post
    dodgeladee is offline *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team

Post Thanks / Like

Hah... Julie that is so funny... I was thinking Reno, too! But I get it now. How exciting about the reno process! Can't wait to see the pics!

5. Likes Juliemomof4 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like fun! When you are done, come remodel and renovate my house!

GingerScraps is online now Survivor *Digi-County Fair* Host
    The Queen
    *GingerBread Lady*
    Designer and Owner of GingerScraps

Post Thanks / Like

Lol!! I was thinking Reno too!! I was gonna plan a meet up

Oh well.... Maybe someday

You will have to show us pics of the house, before and after!! How exciting!!

8. Likes Juliemomof4 liked this post
    Colleen is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *Lead GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team

Post Thanks / Like

Your plans sound awesome! YES - make sure and take before and after photos! It's so neat to see the difference that way. When you are done, you will have to share the before and afters!!! Good luck with your projects!

Post Thanks / Like

Reno, I thought you all were planning a get away in Reno, NV!! lol Crystal, your house projects sound fun! Fun and tiring, but welllll worth it! I hope you have a lot of fun in the process

11. Likes Juliemomof4 liked this post