Post Thanks / Like

Default Shopping @ the GS Shop

I am curious ... when you are shopping in the awesome GS store - what is it that 1st catches your eye about a kit?

Do you have a specific picture(s) in mind when you are shopping that would be perfect with the kit?
    Is it the color?
    Is it the theme?
    Is it the designer?
    Is there just one certain element in the kit you adore and can't wait to work with?
    It is the patterns in the papers?

I usually do not have a photo in mind when I shop - I usually click on a kit for a closer look and then I look at the elements ... then I look at the paper colors ... then I go back to my photos and see if I can find something that would work - and if I do then it is back to the shop to snag the kit! That's me ... how do you do it?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Shopping @ the GS Shop

Sometimes I shop with a picture in mind, in which case I'm usually searching for a specific theme, not necessarily color. I'll use the search feature to look for things that match the theme I need and then compare those kits based on unique elements, designer, quality, & color.

If I'm not shopping with a picture in mind, then I usually look at colors and paper patterns first. The majority of my pictures are of my son, so I'm always looking for good boy colors and/or themes. And I'm a paper-holic, so I usually look at the papers before I look at the elements (unless it's highly themed, then the unique elements will catch my eye).

3. Thanks JillW thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

It's always the preview that grabs me. It's the colors in the kit and the arrangement of the preview. If that grabs my attention then I go in for the full look. What sells me is usually a combination of patterns and unique elements.

5. Likes MSPeeler liked this post
    missdamsel is online now *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

I always go for kits that have a good mix of patterned snd solid papers, as wel as unique elements. I have troubled scrapping without the solid papers!!

7. Likes Terra liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a bargain shopper: I filter kits by price and work my way up. That way I can see kits on sale as well as just low-priced kits.

The sales section doesn't really work as I think it should, when you click on "view all products on sale" it always says "There are currently no sales." So I just filter all kits (or templates or whatever) by price.

Once I do that, I pick kits based on the style (doodly/realistic/etc) and the kit theme. I'm bad about using kits for one LO only and most of the kits I have are very specific-themed. Sometimes photos I haven't scrapped will pop into my head while I'm browsing and I'll look for a theme I can use for that one photo (not digitally "green," I know LOL).

Post Thanks / Like

I buy almost every summer/sailing/beach kit I see. I also buy tons of Autumn kits. I buy both of those types in abundance because we have a ton of photos that fit each season. Anything else I buy first by color, then elements, then papers. I don't buy kits that are mostly glorified solid papers, because I can make those quickly. It's all about the patterns

I also have a handful of favorite designers that I buy almost everything they make.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ambelleina View Post
    I'm a bargain shopper: I filter kits by price and work my way up. That way I can see kits on sale as well as just low-priced kits.

The sales section doesn't really work as I think it should, when you click on "view all products on sale" it always says "There are currently no sales." So I just filter all kits (or templates or whatever) by price.

Once I do that, I pick kits based on the style (doodly/realistic/etc) and the kit theme. I'm bad about using kits for one LO only and most of the kits I have are very specific-themed. Sometimes photos I haven't scrapped will pop into my head while I'm browsing and I'll look for a theme I can use for that one photo (not digitally "green," I know LOL).
    Dito
    http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/data/723/Fall6.jpg

11. Likes Ambelleina liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It depends! I usually scrap chronologically, so I look at what I have to scrap next, and then go in search of a kit. I usually look at search by color first, and then check out the papers and then the elements. ! usually take a closer look at the elements. I especially love kits with alphas!