Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Veterinarian anyone?

I was going to suggest kennel cough since that's what our puppy did for a couple of months. But I like the other people's suggestions. I also have to agree, Zoe is BEAUTIFUL!! I always wanted a siberan husky, but due to my allergies and lack of space we knew we could never get one. For now, I am just always jealous of those who do own one! She's beautiful! I hope she starts feeling better soon.
    I can't get photobucket to work.
    You know my name
    Neverland Scraps AKA: Wendy

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you SO much for all the responses and compliments on her, she really is such a beautiful and well mannered dog!!!

To answer some questions/suggestions:

Terra- She is the same little puppy we've always had! She's playful and happy and non-agressive....

Toni- I was suspecting a backward sneeze, but it seems to be everyday, multiple times per day, lol. I used to work at an Animal Hospital (7+ years), and if things hadnt ended badly, I'd call the vet! LOL

LOL Christina, it very well could be hairballs with her, she sheds something terrible and is constantly grooming herself like a cat!

April- She does it all the time, when she plays, when she sleeps (like in the video), etc. But she does it multiple times a day and it's been a week now or a little longer even.

LOL Lisa- uhm.... the check is in the mail ;)

Wendy- I would also think kennel cough if she wasn't vaccinated. We JUST did her Bordatella in May, so I know it isn't that, since the vaccine is good for 6+ months and she isn't around any other dogs.

So general concenses... I'm thinking allergies. She is currently playing with my daughter, who is dressed as a cat, go figure, LOL... {see video below}, and yes, my son is dressed in her Cinderella costume in the background, lol

3. Likes Terra liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

What a fabulous dog she is too, she plays so nicely with the little kitty, lol. Bummer if it's allergies, but it's always something isn't it! And by the way when I saw your title to the thread, at first I thought it said Vegetarian anyone? And I was wondering what the dog video had to do with food

5. Likes MSPeeler liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to say the same thing - reverse sneeze! My brother's dog (a Brittney) does the same thing. We will rub his throat too, but I don't know how much it really helps. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    Yep, sounds like the reverse sneeze, (we call them snorfells) both my dogs do it occasionally. The Puggle more than the Beagle, probably because of her short snout. Sometimes rubbing her throat will help.

...that will be $65.00.

Post Thanks / Like

hope your beautiful baby gets better soon!!

Post Thanks / Like

I too thought vegetarian... !

Quote Originally Posted by geswho40 View Post
    What a fabulous dog she is too, she plays so nicely with the little kitty, lol. Bummer if it's allergies, but it's always something isn't it! And by the way when I saw your title to the thread, at first I thought it said Vegetarian anyone? And I was wondering what the dog video had to do with food

Post Thanks / Like

How is Zoe doing now, any better?

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Toni for asking! No, not really. I think that she may have an upper respiratory infection now... she actually coughed up a good sized hunk of snot {tmi, sorry} the other day, and it was green/thick. I just dont know what to do, I can't afford a vet or meds really... I cant even afford the dog..... put it on our impulsive bad ideas list.... :/

Post Thanks / Like

Can you talk to the vet about maybe taking payments? I think it might be best to take her in. Sometimes if things are treated in a timely fashion, they can get worse and cost more money in the end. Otherwise, have you called the vet to get an opinion over the phone? They are usually willing to talk to you about the situation over the phone, and that is free! ;) Then they can help guide you in the right direction and perhaps give you estimates on the cost of care.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSPeeler View Post
    Thank you Toni for asking! No, not really. I think that she may have an upper respiratory infection now... she actually coughed up a good sized hunk of snot {tmi, sorry} the other day, and it was green/thick. I just dont know what to do, I can't afford a vet or meds really... I cant even afford the dog..... put it on our impulsive bad ideas list.... :/

Post Thanks / Like

Just an idea -- maybe try giving her benydryl? My vet told me I could give ours it to calm him down when we go on trips since he hyperventalates and gets sick (not my cup of tea). I think it was like 1/2 a pill. He's about 70lbs - so pretty sure that would be a safe amount for her too. I would just assume that would help you figure out if she had allergies? Dont' quote me though

We go through Banfield in PetSmart for our vet. They are wonderful!! We pay $24 a month, and get free office visits & vaccinations. If his meds are crazy priced.. they will see if they have it free at Publix/WinnDixie in a generic form. I have learned that I have to ask for that though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast