Post Thanks / Like

Default tell me how you organize and keep track of what you have.

i really need an organization system so please tell me how you do it. if you have a software how long did it take you to set up you stuff.
    TIA

msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: tell me how you organize and keep track of what you have.

My goal is to be totally organized at some point in my life. Trying hard for year.
    On my hard drive-
    Digi Stuff > folder per designer > folders with each kit named by that designer. Inside the kit name, I dump all the kit pieces in. [some kits have multiple folders, I get rid of that]. I keep just one preview, and 1 TOU.
    Then I use ACDSee to tag and organize. Is it all caught up??? nope...I"m a work in progress. I constantly change some of the categories to try and simplify.
    Happy to share them if you'd like. [they are all screen shotted]
    m
    Michelle

Post Thanks / Like

Kits get organized by designer - deleting duplicate previews/tou/etc. I rename the preview & kit folder to match {I use the form: Kit Name (Designer Name)} Then I copy/paste the preview into folders that I've set up in categories & colors. The kit will be copied into as many folders as it fits (usually its main colors and then it's theme). This makes it easier to choose a kit if I have no idea what I'm going to use.

This is a constant work in progress. I don't know how I managed to collect so much digi stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

This was such a good question. I am soooooooooooooooo unorganized and don't know what to do.
    http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/data/723/Fall6.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I use pse and i bought a product that helps me organize my supplies. She has all the tags made and all i have to do is drag the tags. Very glad i bought it

Post Thanks / Like

I'm all about organized chaos. My EHD is organized, but only in a way I know; probably because I am just used to it, lol.

I do have a folder called =GINGERSCRAPS= with individual folders for all kits so it will be at the top of all the folders I have under "Scrapping," and I can easily see what I have to work with for challenges here. I have all kits with designers initials first so I can just hit B if I know the kit I want is by Blue Heart Scraps and so on. I do the main folder with all elements, then folder inside for Papers, Alpha, Border Clusters, etc. I get rid of everything but one folder preview and one TOU, like Michi.

I also have a separate folder called QC for all the kits I personally do a QC check on so I can recheck if need be or follow up on one. If I were on CTs, I would probably do the same, just to keep my purchases separate from my GS duty-driven kits, if that makes sense.

And then I have a folder called Completed Scraps, divided into Family, Friends, Me, Me and the BF and Etc. Each has the PSD file and the max rez JPG copy, then a separate folder called Web where all the 600pix gallery copies go.

It probably sounds more confusing than it is, but I know where everything is and THAT'S A LOT!

7. Likes mamaape liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I organize photos by year - month - day - and then a brief description. For example, I have a 2012 folder with a folder for each month in it. We had my daughter's birthday party on July 1 so it's filed under 2012 - July - 1 Cindy's Pool Party.

For kits, I keep all CT assignments in a specific designer or store folder until I have completed an LO with it. Then it gets moved to my EHD where all mr kits are organized by theme. I have a folder for each season, one for girls, one for boys, one for Disney inspired, etc. Each folder inside the subfolders is labeled by kit name and designer. I'll try to do a screen shot sometime. I can always find what I am looking for very quickly with my system.

Sent from my VM670 using Forum Runner

prettyingreen is online now *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Pretty in Green Designs
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 2

Post Thanks / Like

my stuff just gets popped in my Scrapbooking kits folder and it ends up alphabeticly, and i remember what i have because when i get it i really think it over lol, so when i'm scapping a set of photos i think oh yeah i know i have a kit by so and so like this and i just look for it.... its prolly not the best system.... sorry im not very helpful lol

Post Thanks / Like

First thing I do is get rid of what I call the fluff... you know the stuff that isn't design items.

THEN

I have my digi-scrapping "stuff" on my HD and backed up on my EHD. I have a folder for digiscrap. In that folder I have a folder for downloads, PU and CU.

The kits I have NOT scrapped are in my download folder.

When I scrap with a kit I place them in the PU folder. In that folder there is a folder for each designer and the kit is place into the proper designers folder

The CU folder is separated into categories like nature, Christmas, flowers, foods (of course I don't use those CU items much any more).
    Regards,
    Linda (kelin)

Believe!