Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Re-gifting

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re-gifting

Do you regift? Why or why not?

I regift stuff that MIL gives DD. Most of the time, DD doesn't even see what MIL gives her. I've repeatedly asked MIL not to buy certain stuff for DD, but she buys it anyway. So... I give it to friends.
    And I've repeatedly told MIL that I don't like to bake but she is always buying me baking/cooking stuff. She got me a BabyCakes Cake Pop machine and some accessories. I can't imagine spending time in front of that thing while trying to take care of my infant DS and my almost-5yo lol, so I asked a friend if she wanted it. (She knows that I get stuff from my MIL that I don't want so I told her it was from MIL. She didn't care! She's been wanting one and she got it for free from me.)

So what about you? Do you re-gift? Do you care if someone regifts something to you?
    Pinterest Twitter
    Siggy created with GS's Dia de los Muertos Monthly Mix

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Re-gifting

I sometimes regift. Sometimes people give me stuff and I'm like, "Wow, you don't know me at ALL." LOL. And yes, I'd rather someone get some use out of something than it just take up room in my apartment. I'd even say it's green to regift; rather than buy more plastic and crap, just give it to someone else who will use it.

And no, I don't care if someone regifts to me if I like it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ambelleina View Post
    I sometimes regift. Sometimes people give me stuff and I'm like, "Wow, you don't know me at ALL." LOL. And yes, I'd rather someone get some use out of something than it just take up room in my apartment. I'd even say it's green to regift; rather than buy more plastic and crap, just give it to someone else who will use it.

And no, I don't care if someone regifts to me if I like it!
    Ditto!

4. Likes Ambelleina liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ambelleina View Post
    I'd even say it's green to regift; rather than buy more plastic and crap, just give it to someone else who will use it.
    That's how I feel! TBH, DH and I have told his mom and dad (but really it's MIL who's the problem) to just stop getting us stuff. We don't need anything and we're going to be moving next year; I'm already paring down what we've got so I don't want to add to the stuff I need to move! She doesn't listen to us (hence the BabyCakes maker lol/col), and it's very annoying. She's someone who hears you but doesn't listen to you, if that makes sense.
    Pinterest Twitter
    Siggy created with GS's Dia de los Muertos Monthly Mix

6. Likes Ambelleina liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm lucky. Everyone asks us first, or gives us gift certificates. But I see no problem with regifting.

Post Thanks / Like

We are pretty firm in the no gift giving rule since we buy what we need as it is, but if someone does give us a gift we don't like, we ask our friends if they want it. If no one does, we donate it. We rarely keep unwanted and unused stuff in the house.

I think it's fine to regift if the person knows it's a regift. I think it's a little tacky to wrap it up like it's new and give it to someone else as a gift.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm good with re-gifting, but like Jenn - I don't like re-wrapped re-gifts like you bought it new or something. LOL. We really don't run into the problem though because nobody buys stuff for us except the kids, and MIL is really good about getting the kids clothes and not junk.

Post Thanks / Like

yes i do when i can't just return it. We don't have much here and Wal-Mart will take anything back. My hubby has started just giving me money cause if i don't like it or won't use it then i think its a waste.
    http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/data/816/medium/march_siggy2.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I don't "regift" but I do give away. My grandmother is always giving me stuff that either doesn't fit in my decor, my lifestyle or just holds no function... If I didn't I'd have a house full of kitchy knick knacks that don't go (with my other kitchy knick knacks I like)... ;)

Post Thanks / Like

I don't regift. I will give it away and get rid of it asap or I'll donate it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast