Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Summer ideas to cure boredom

Summer ideas to cure boredom.....
    I thought it would be fun to start a thread where we can all share ideas of things to do during summer.

I love creative and cheap ideas the most lol.

Last year we got a "blue print" of how to make a human wash, like the drive through car washes... But for people to walk through. It was using all items from the hardware store and around the house. We got all the stuff, then never ended up doing it. So hopefully this year we will build it. Lol.
    My son and I set up the tent inside and had an indoor campout a few nights ago it was super fun.

What kinds of things do you all do??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Summer ideas to cure boredom

During the summer our local movie theater shows a movie once a week that you can get in to see for a dollar. Its usually a movie that's been out in the last year or two. So we go once a week to see the dollar movie for that week.

My boys are a little older and pretty much entertain themselves. But my 11 year old is very creative. We don't have a pool, so he created himself an outdoor water park with a slip in slide, water toys, etc. He even took the hose and placed it at the top of his slide on his swing set to make it a water slide. And he placed a thick piece of foam that we had in the garage to prevent a huge puddle at the bottom and plus I think he placed the foam pad to cushion his landing lol.

Post Thanks / Like

We took the kids to Kansas City Thursday
    Museum, Legoland, SeaLife, and the Plaza. Wore them OUT!
    We're all still tired today

Swimming Lots and lots of swimming.

Cheap, fun projects

BUT! I'm also thinking of a 9 & 7 year old

Post Thanks / Like

We do the free summer movies (2 of the local theaters do free, one does $1 Tuesday movies), free summer bowling (you have to pay for shoe rental, but they can bowl 2 games a day for free...not a bad deal!), playdates...and lots of swimming pool (the inflatable kind, cause we're cheap) and water hose days.

Post Thanks / Like

I miss water-hose days

Post Thanks / Like

I saw this and it looks like fun: http://www.clumsycrafter.com/2012/05...blob-tutorial/
    But I think that would be best for young toddlers. Otherwise, older kids might pop it sooner.
    With DD, we just send her outside with either an underbed Rubbermaid container with water and some measuring cups (our cheap version of a water table), or we just give her a soccer ball and say "Go play." lol
    Chalk paint (you can google cuz I can't remember the recipe off the top of my head lol)

Indoor activities: marbles, "I Spy," reading (though I look forward to when she learns to read and can entertain herself reading without me lol), we build Lego houses, she glues bits and bobs to whatever paper/cardboard I give her lol, jewelry making.
    Pinterest Twitter
    Siggy created with GS's Dia de los Muertos Monthly Mix

Post Thanks / Like

we do the free movies too at least every other week.
    today we actually went on the boat to the sandbar...we never do this, but it was actually really fun and i think we are going to do it again tomorrow!
    girls do lots of swimming tooo! althought i would rather stay inside and watch
    i also like to pick up some cheap crafts for the girls to do....cheap so if they aren't a success no worries...lol.
    it is soooo hot here right now, that i personally would rather stay inside, so i am always looking for indoor activities!!!!!

prettyingreen is offline *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Pretty in Green Designs
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 2

Post Thanks / Like

sara's idea for water in a container... my kids will play with water in a containrer for hours!

9. Likes Tree City liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by prettyingreen View Post
    sara's idea for water in a container... my kids will play with water in a containrer for hours!
    and if you add food coloring to a few of the containers...it's like kids think it's magic when they add water and it changes color lol!
    Pinterest Twitter
    Siggy created with GS's Dia de los Muertos Monthly Mix

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tree City View Post
    and if you add food coloring to a few of the containers...it's like kids think it's magic when they add water and it changes color lol!
    They have bath tablets that let you do that too
    They don't stain. And bath crayons.
    Comes in handy with kids who don't think they need a bath because they're not going to school the next morning

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast