Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

missdamsel is offline *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sorry, I have not been around

Most of you do not know what has been going on.

A little history set up: 35 years ago I met a wonderful friend, Angie. Angie and I were best friends and inseparable from the age of 10 (4th grade). In 1988, Angie married my brother and became my sister in law. Those that have know me for a while recall that 5 years ago Angie went into the hospital for a yeast infection and died from a misplaced IV. They preferated her vien and she bled to death. Her family and my family have been very close for 27 years now, even though I have been close to her family for 35 years!

Sunday her sister Cindy went into the hospital with breathing issues. Monday night she had two cardiac arrests and was placed on a ventalator. Tuesaday they discussed options and ran tests and she was given only 3% chance to stay alive and even lass % chance to LIVE. After long discussions with family and close friends (my parents), Wednesday the family decided to disconnect life support on Thursday. So I drove in Wednesday night and spent yesterday at the hospital with the family while we disconnected life support. I held her hand as she died. It was very emotional and draining.

on the brighter side, one of the things Cindy wanted was for our niece Rikki to marry her live in boyfriend of 3 years. They were planning to wed on July 21st. So, today we took care of one of Cindy's last requests and Rikki got married! Today has been another long emotional day. (And expensive as I paid for everything!!)

I am ready to get back to Nashville!! lol

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sorry, I have not been around

Oh my goodness Missi!!! That is so overwhelming and such an emotional situation to go through, not once, but twice in their family. I can not imagine the pain that you all are experiencing, but I am happy to hear that Rikki got married before she passed. (((HUGS)))

3. Thanks missdamsel thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

so sad to hear this but so glad she is finally able to rest now. and so glad a new family is starting. *superhug*

5. Thanks missdamsel thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hugs Missi! I know this has been stressful on you! My heart goes out to you and your family as well as hers!

Post Thanks / Like

Love u Missi, I wish we lived closer so we could all surround you with love. Please get some rest, you need to take care of yourself! I will continue to keep you and your loved ones in my prayers.
    Xoxoxo

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry for your loss. You have been through so much lately. I hope life calms down for you soon. Sending hugs.
    http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/data/723/Fall6.jpg

*GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Ginger, the niece sand Nephew I am staying with have a wedding today and I plan to rest and enjoy my computer time today!! Tomorrow and Tuesday I have photo shoots. Tomorrow is a senior session and Tuesday is my sisters 5 kids, the two in law kids and 2 grands. They are doing it as a birthday surprise for my sister!!

Monday is the memorial and I will rest Wednesday and probably head home of Thursday!

*GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

Another down day. My niece who has been trying to get pregnant, found out she was and we have all been seriously happy!! Well, today the doctor confirmed that she lost the baby. Sad part is her sister is pregnant too, will be along hard 8 months for Caitlin. sigh

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Missi! I am so sorry to hear this for you and your family. I am praying for you! Big hugs to you!

Post Thanks / Like

Ohhhhhh
    Big hugs Missi!
    xoxo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast