Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Do you appreciate unannounced visitors?

We sometimes have missionaries drop by, which in itself I don't mind because I enjoy their visits if they are scheduled.... but sometimes they would drop by at strange times, and if my kids are at school, I'm not usually dressed for the day.

One time this happened, and I knew it was them at the door, and I didn't answer. They knew I was home.... but later that evening after they called to make an appointment, they mentioned that they came by earlier. I didn't want to appear deceptive, (and I like to shock people), I said, "oh, yes, I knew it was you and I didn't answer because I wasn't dressed," and these are young men around 19... lol.... they always called for appointments after that.

2. Likes ShiLane, Tree City liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

No, I don't like it. I would rather know at least a few hours before hand if someone is coming over. My in-laws are famous for stopping over just because they are driving by. And they do this even though they know we are busy. I guess they haven't learned that is how they become outlaws lol.

4. Likes ShiLane, Psychozoe, Tree City liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I hate surprise visitors and actually bought the driveway alarm so I would know if someone is coming. I am very lucky that my children call before they come (typically).

Post Thanks / Like

Some of you might remember my problem with a recurrent unanounced vistor last summer who would drop off unwanted boxes of unwanted toys and whose children would destroy my house. We eventually started keeping the blinds shut and the lights off 24/7. Yeah, it was bad. I was sooooooooo glad when they moved 20 miles away!

7. Likes Tree City liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

all your posts made me LOL!

I also don't like unexpected visitors since when I'm home, I'm usually not dressed for visitors. Good thing we live in CA now as we don't really have a lot of relatives here.. but when we were in the Philippines.. it was a different story. LOL

We seem to have a house where people love to gather. I don't really mind that much, though. If it's my hub's friends, they just hang out in the garage and do whatever it is they want to do without bothering me.. LOL if it's my friends, they call and let me know they're dropping by..haven't had any un-announced visits from them! Yay!

Errmm.. but we are guilty of barging in.. haha FIL and MIL live a block away and we love to drop by once in awhile especially when hubby doesn't want to cook.. there's always food at their house.. hahaha they don't mind, though.. so no worries. My SIL lives a couple of towns away and we love to drop by, too. No worries there since my BIL works at home and doesn't mind either..

My favorite thing to do is visit my aunt who also leaves a few miles away. She raised me so she knows how I am.. and I love to annoy her by ringing her doorbell multiple times until she opens the door.

Post Thanks / Like

Tricia, when I read this thread's title, I thought about your "unexpected and annoying" visitor lol.
    So the high temp here was 104 today. I'm currently wearing a tank top and undies and I'm still sweating. Good thing no one stop by today cuz I'm a sweaty half-dressed mess! (Our a/c can NOT handle this heat and no matter what temp we set our thermostat, the a/c can only get the house to about 80 degrees. *sigh*)
    Pinterest Twitter
    Siggy created with GS's Dia de los Muertos Monthly Mix

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tree City View Post
    Tricia, when I read this thread's title, I thought about your "unexpected and annoying" visitor lol.
    So the high temp here was 104 today. I'm currently wearing a tank top and undies and I'm still sweating. Good thing no one stop by today cuz I'm a sweaty half-dressed mess! (Our a/c can NOT handle this heat and no matter what temp we set our thermostat, the a/c can only get the house to about 80 degrees. *sigh*)
    I thought you might remember! LOL!

Our highest temp today was 114. When we drove past the bank at 7:00, their themometer still read 112. It's nasty. I'm sorry your A/C doesn't cut the mustard Sara. That's miserable.

11. Likes Tree City liked this post
    prettyingreen is offline *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Pretty in Green Designs
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 2

Post Thanks / Like

no i do not! My MIL thinks i never clean because the days she happens to stop by i havnt got to cleaning yet... ugh! My DH loves to just pop by his friends houses all the time and im like thats so rude, we dont want that so why do you do that to them!
    lol i saw this on facebook

Post Thanks / Like

rachel that e card describes me exactly

Post Thanks / Like

I wiped down the table after breakfast this morning and my daughter asked, "Who's coming to our house?" Sad, but true.

Sent from my VM670 using Forum Runner

15. Likes Tree City, Terra liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast