Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gelish

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gelish

I have had acrylic on my nails for years and years - probably 20 years or better! Several times I've thought I could go without them, but having that product on my nails really pretty much ruined them - when I didn't have the acrylic on them, my nails were so owie - it was like having only skin on top of my fingers.
    I decided to give it another try about 6 weeks ago and didn't get them filled - so I kept going to my manicurist and had her file them down - then I was using Nail Envy. That was, until I found out about Gelish. I had the acrylic taken off earlier this week and had the Gelish put on tonight - I just love it! To have my OWN nails looking nice is amazing - they are a lot shorter than they normally are, but I'm loving that too - so much more natural.
    Does anyone else use Gelilsh or a product similar?

prettyingreen is offline *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Pretty in Green Designs
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Gelish

hummm this is new to me... lets see a pic! I dont like to put acrylic on my nails because it feels like my nails cant breath, and i know my BF from highschool always had hers done and it ended up the same way her nails got so brittel she couldnt go with out getting them done every week.
    I keep thinking about getting my nails done because i like the look, but i dont know if i could handle it

Post Thanks / Like

ya'll got to post a picture, Jill! I want to see what it looks like on you. My nails get jacked up after pregnancy, even though I still take a multivitamin since I'm nursing. Anyway, I'd love to see what they look like. Is it expensive?
    Pinterest Twitter
    Siggy created with GS's Dia de los Muertos Monthly Mix

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if thats the same thing my mom does - post a picture - i want to see
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

cant wait to see a pic, always looking for new nail products. my nails grow much to fast for acrylics, i would have to get them done every two weeks. but my nails seem to be more dry then usual lately. i keep mine pretty short because of work but i do like them neat and polished.
    i am currently using a treatment called TIPS, which keeps the cuticles soft and nails moist.

Proudly Creating for
    Ginger Scraps CT - Connie Prince - Luv Ewe - Little Rad Trio
    Amy Martin - Lynne-Marie - Sas Designs
    Guesting for Kaye Winiecki

Post Thanks / Like

There are 3 layers of polish - a bottom clear coat and 2 of the colored (glittery) top coat - after each layer I put my fingers under a lamp for 15 seconds. It was pretty quick and I am happy with how my natural nails look after being covered up for so (!) long!

{Wow - I can really see the "writers bump" I have on my middle finger! LOL}

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty! Is that the same as shellac?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AmyP View Post
    Pretty! Is that the same as shellac?
    Yes I believe it is Amy.

Post Thanks / Like

ooooh, I just might try that! It looks great, Jill! (And I have a writer's bump on my ring finger--I don't hold pens correctly lol.)
    Pinterest Twitter
    Siggy created with GS's Dia de los Muertos Monthly Mix

Post Thanks / Like

Oh that looks very cool!
    I'm gonna have to tell my mom about it. I personally like to change my polish about every 4 days, because I get tired of the polish color after about 4 days. But my mom was just talking to me about how her nails are so thin it is painful. This sounds like a perfect solution!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast