Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need prayers please for my mommy!

My mom was diagnosed with cancer in 2009 the day before Thanksgiving. She had a huge tumor in her brain that they successfully removed but there was a small tumor on the other side that they couldn't reach without it being too dangerous. She also has spots on her lung. They believe the lung cancer metastasized to her brain. Anyway, she has been doing great for 2 1/2 years all things considered. However over the last 2 months, she has been declining, rapidly. My parents live in the Upper Peninsula of MI and I'm about 6 1/2 hours away so I don't get to see her hardly at all. Anyway, long story short, there is a doctor coming in from Canada to do surgery on her with a some sort of laser machine that will hopefully get rid of the tumor that is still in her brain. She's nervous, I'm nervous... It's just a scary thing. She is having the surgery on the 29th. I will be able to travel up there to be with her for a few days before hand and will be staying about a week after the surgery. I ask for your prayers for her. She is a strong woman and has endured so many hardships in her life. (Many of my recent layouts feature her!!) So please please please pray for her. I'm scared, sad, nervous, really a bundle of emotions. I know how I'm feeling about the whole thing and I can only begin to imagine what she is going thru. Thank you for listening to me vent. I needed to get this out somewhere and I couldn't think of a better place or better people to make this next week and a half bearable! I love GS!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Need prayers please for my mommy!

That is so scary, Kimmy, but hopeful! You and your family are in my thoughts. xoxo

3. Thanks kimmyscraps thanked for this post
    missdamsel is online now *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

Praying Kimmy!!

5. Thanks kimmyscraps thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Kimmy, I'm praying for your mom and for the surgeon: may the surgeon be successful and may your mom recover quickly. {{HUGS}} and prayers to you too! What a difficult and stressful time for your family.
    Pinterest Twitter
    Siggy created with GS's Dia de los Muertos Monthly Mix

7. Thanks kimmyscraps thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Kimmy I'll be adding your mom (and your family) to my prayers ... please know we are here for you anytime ... sending you big {{{{{hugs}}}}.

9. Thanks kimmyscraps thanked for this post
    prettyingreen is online now *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Pretty in Green Designs
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 2

Post Thanks / Like

oh my gosh kimmy!!! how scary!!! I hope they are able to get it out and things go well, let me know if there is anything i can do. sending you a big hug and keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!

11. Thanks kimmyscraps thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sending tons of positive thoughts her way, and yours!! I hope she's able to recover from the surgery quickly and that positive things head her way soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Kimmy, you've got my prayers and love....lots of both being sent. I too live far from an ailing parent, and am a bundle of nerves/emotions this week too as my Dad is not doing well all of a sudden....Much love to you and your mom....HUGS!

Post Thanks / Like

I just prayed! I will continue to pray for your mom and your family.
    hugs!!

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely Praying!! I'm glad you're able to go before hand - and stay after - it'll be nice just to be there!!
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast