Post Thanks / Like

Default It is my baby's 3rd birthday!

I can't believe my youngest is 3 years old! Where did the time go? He is such a sweet little boy, and I feel so blessed to be is mommy. We had a great birthday morning as a family, doing our traditional birthday breakfast and we'll have a little party this evening. I love making these unforgettable moments . Watching my kids grow brings me such mixed emotions. I am so excited to see their new developmental stages, but I mourn saying goodbye to their baby-days. Although Ian has been completely diaper/pull-up free for three months now, and that sure is a nice benefit of them getting older! Thanks for letting me share this special time! I'm having a nice sale in my shop this week to commemorate my baby's big day. There is more information HERE in this thread (and a pic of my cute birthday boy). Do any of you have fun birthday traditions, or get a little nostalgic when your kids get older? I want to hear your stories too

2. Likes Tree City liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It is my baby's 3rd birthday!

Happy Birthday to your little man! When I was little every birthday we would all climb into Mum and Dad's bed to open presents. One of those presents would be a box of chocolates called "Roses" (chocolates with flavoured centres). Once the birthday person had opened the chocolates they would choose two and then share the box. Everyone was only allowed to take one at a time until the whole box was gone (this included the ones no-one liked). This was a special treat in our house and about the only time we were allowed chocolate before breakfast! It may not have been the most exciting tradition but it was extremely special to our family & we still talk about even though we are all grown up. When I have kids this is one tradition I will be continuing.

4. Likes MSPeeler liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like a wonderful tradition! What special memories! I really believe that it is important to have special traditions that will leave a lasting legacy. It doesn't really matter what we do as long as we have something we love and can look forward to. I love that you all shared your birthday box of chocolates. That is such a great idea. Thank you so much for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like

happy b-day to your little one. Enjoy every day with him, they go by sooo fast.

i always baked my daughter's favorite cake, a 3 layer german sweet chocolate cake, from scratch. to this day it's still her favorite and I still bake one for her when I visit, and she's 39 years old now.
    I'll be baking one in July when she visit's from okinawa.

Proudly Creating for
    Ginger Scraps CT - Connie Prince - Luv Ewe - Little Rad Trio
    Amy Martin - Lynne-Marie - Sas Designs
    Guesting for Kaye Winiecki

Post Thanks / Like

My DD Emma just turned 6 on May 10th and we had a great party for her. I rented the banquet room at our local community center and had full use of the kitchen. It was only $25 to rent it for the afternoon. We had all of her school friends, parents, and some of our family in attendance and she had a blast! There was a polka dot and blue jeans theme so the decor was pink and blue with lots of polka dots. There were more boys in attendance than girls so by having both colors, it suited both genders. I made all of the party bags using kraft paper bags and adding polka dots and ribbons to them. The kids loved them. Emma wanted all of her guests to wear their favorite pair of blue jeans and I included it on the invites. It wasn't a "fancy" party but it was organized and everyone had so much fun. I had a cupcake tower instead of a cake and Emma said it was her best birthday ever. Now if I could only find the time to scrap some layouts from it. lol.

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like y'all had a good day yesterday And ITA about getting toddlers out of dipes!
    Pinterest Twitter
    Siggy created with GS's Dia de los Muertos Monthly Mix

Post Thanks / Like

Awe what fun traditions and memories! Thanks for sharing ladies!!
    Time sure does go by way too fast!!