Thread: Posting Layouts

Post Thanks / Like

Default Posting Layouts

Since I'm new at this game I need some help getting around. I did indeed find the gallery, where layouts are to be posted but I don't understand the 600x600 max. ????? Also where do I go to actually post? If I don't know the designer does that mean I shouldn't post my page? HELP!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Posting Layouts

Hi! Welcome to Ginger Scraps! You didn't say in your message what software you use to create your layouts. It would help to know so that specific info can be provided on how to save a layout for the gallery. Basically, the typical size of 3600 x 3600 pixels is too large to upload. So, once you have your layout complete, save it at a smaller size (600 x 600 pixels) as the web/gallery version. As with most things, there is more than one way to accomplish this in Photoshop and Photoshop Elements. I tend to use the "Save For Web & Devices" under the FILE menu. You should always credit the designer of the supplies you use. Typically, even freebies come with a TOU (Terms Of Use). If you open that, it should give you the designer information to include as your credits. I hope this helps ... at least a little! Post additional questions if you have them ... someone will be able to help, I'm sure!

missdamsel is online now *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

I may be reading your post wrong, but it also sounds like you are a little confused on how to upload once it is saved (thanks Lisa for a great explanation of that!!)

So here is the actual posting process:

You click the word upload as seen in this shot:

Then you choose browse. If I am uploiading only one layout I browse for my layout and fill in the information as seen on this screen:

Then choose uplad/submit.

If I am uploading more than one layout I only browse for layout on this screen:

then I click upload/submit Then I do all the credits and stuff on this screen:

On this screen you can choose what gallery you want it in for example if it is a challenge layout or for a specific designer. Once you hit process on this screen your layout will be exactly where you want it. Hope this helps!!

Just like Lisa said, ask away if you have more questions, there are lots of people here willing and able to answer!! And Welcome to Gingerscraps!!!

4. Thanks sparkysgirl thanked for this post
    Likes sparkysgirl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you ladies. I will have to try this out. I use Sherif Page Plus to create and also just regular photos saved to my pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

oops! it should read Serif Page Plus

msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

Good advice above. Let us know how it goes and we will help. ONce you've done it...it is easy.
    m
    Michelle

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for helping out marniejo!!