Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Has anyone...

Experienced Carpal Tunnel? Last night my right index finger(mouse finger) started hurting every time I bend it and I have noticed for a couple weeks now, every time I get on the computer first thing in the morning and use the mouse, my thumb and index finger on that hand go to sleep! Just what I need...I am sooo NOT giving up my scrapping...lol Is there anything I can do for it minus surgery?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Has anyone...

I have no experience with this but how about changing mouse hand for a while?

msbrad is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

Michelle

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure about it, but the very end of that tells about tingling fingers, so you may want to get it checked out. As for me, I've been dealing with what feels like a "sprained wrist" for months. It doesn't get in the way of most normal activities, but every once in a while it is just downright painful. I, too, was wondering if it was a symptom of Carpal Tunnel.

Colleen is offline *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *Lead GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah carpal tunnel sucks! I got it when I was pregnant with both my kids. It was extremely painful, and I would lose the strength in my wrist! I had my wrists give out on me a couple of times when lifting something heavy. Yeah, I experienced the numbness and tingling too. I wore special wrist braces to help give support. I wore them when sleeping and off and on during the day. They did help even though they were annoying to wear during the day! I had less pain, tingling, and numbing if I kept up with wearing the braces.

I actually just had a flair up of it a couple of weeks ago. It was AWFUL! LOL I had a tough time sleeping at night because the pain was so terrible. I was constantly having a tingling sensation and had no strength. What really helped was a heating pad this time. I didn't have the braces.... I would put a heating pad on my wrist as often as possible and as long as possible. That seemed to speed up the recovery on it. I hope it stays away for good! lol

6. Dislikes trina513 disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

YES, it sucks. When it hits me, I get a sharp, sometimes tingling pain that runs from the bottom side of the base of my thumb up to the blade of my pointer finger. I also get the aching in my wrist and across my palm and I when affected, I can't grip or make a fist. I'll also get dull thudding pain in my pointer/index knuckles. And I'm only 25!

Not only do I scrap on my computer, but I also work on a computer for 40 hours a week. All I do is type, click, type, click so yes, my right hand (mouse hand) definitely flares up with CT sometimes, but I have to literally work through it. Braces help, but I generally just work through the pain because I have to. :/

trina513 is offline *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *Lead GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

Sooo Colleen - does that mean you're pregnant again!? ;) Tee hee

Sorry to haer you're having pain - I wouldnt want to give up scrapping either - NOT AN OPTION! LOL!!

Hope it goes away quickly!!
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

Colleen is offline *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *Lead GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

DO NOT EVEN UTTER THOSE WORDS! ;) Nope, I am not pregnant. I can say that with absolute certainty too!
    Quote Originally Posted by trina513 View Post
    Sooo Colleen - does that mean you're pregnant again!? ;) Tee hee

Sorry to haer you're having pain - I wouldnt want to give up scrapping either - NOT AN OPTION! LOL!!

Hope it goes away quickly!!

msbrad is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

All the tingling I've had, has stemmed from my neck. Hoping the link I placed helps you out.
    m
    Michelle

Post Thanks / Like

My hubs had it in both his hands and ended up having to have the surgery. He complained about his thumb hurting and then his hand would go numb. He was always dropping things and couldn't open jars. Once he had the sugery, it got better. He still has problems with not feeling how tight he closes things and opening bottles but no where like it was before.

I get that problem with my thumb and it goes to my wrist. I stop getting on the laptop for a day or so. I think it has to do with my board being flat, and i used to have a ergonomic keyboard with my desktop. Those days I really start thinking about getting a hand brace because that's what they started him on using.

If it gets too bad really go to the dr. and talk to them about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast