Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hair Woes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hair Woes

Decisions, decisions... my hair is way overdue for coloring touch-up, it is as short as my current profile photo. I am completely gray/white, no here and there stray grays, everywhere white. I started going gray at 18 and at age 30 I was completely white, I am 35 yrs old now and I color/re-touch my hair every 4 weeks with a box color.
    I am contemplating getting my hair like extremely boy short then just letting it grow out or then going to a salon and getting the color out (been dying it black for 3 years) I want to go brown or possibly dark red. I am just sick of my hairstyle and color and want a change. I have the box color ready to go, but almost just want to chop it all off and start fresh. What shall I do? I have really thick hair as well and naturally wavy, it is not a good wave either, it looks goofy and I have to almost always straigthen it. I have almost 1.5 inches of white hairs against black hair right now. I haven't found a good stylist really and hop around to other places still. Sucky all around.

Colleen is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *Lead GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hair Woes

I love Becki from Whippy Cake's hair! It's like yours, but I think it might have more layers and is styled differently. I just love, love, love her haircut (and her products!). I had thought about getting it cut like hers a couple months back. I just wasn't sure if I wanted to go that short...

Whippy Cake Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Dude, that is AWEsome! I started greying at 14/15/16 and I've always wanted to just go completely grey. Mine don't even go grey anymore, they go white and I have them ALL OVER my head. I'm 26! Sometimes I dye it, sometimes I don't. It hasn't been dyed in some months and the whites pop out within a month of dying. I just color for special occasions, then I let my hair just be itself the rest of the time. I WISH I could cut my hair as short as yours. Short hair makes me face look fat(ter). Plus my hair grows insanely fast. It's so long, so thick and HEAVY and hot. I think you would look great with a deep red! OR with black and burgundy lowlights. Ooh, I love your hair!

4. Likes MnMommy2, mamaape liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Chop it off! I bet you'd look terrific with an uber short pixie cut! Try it with your natural white/gray color or throw in some pink or purple tips!

It's only hair, it will grow back!

6. Likes trina513 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    Chop it off! I bet you'd look terrific with an uber short pixie cut! Try it with your natural white/gray color or throw in some pink or purple tips!

It's only hair, it will grow back!
    I agree with a cut similar to Jamie Lee Curtis even if you left it your natural hair color and let the grays come through, you'd be cute! Check her hairstyle out. I think she looks so chic with her gray hair.

My Store

8. Likes mamaape liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

if you are brave, i too love the jamie lee curtis do too...so hot!!! although i totally wish i could go red but if you naturally have dark hair then "silver" might look more natural for you. although, i love the style in your profile picture, i think it is totally cute

Post Thanks / Like

your avvie pic has always reminded me of one of my good friends. She has a blog about being pregnant (well, she just had the baby, so I guess technically now it's a blog about new parenthood, but I digress). Every week of her pregnancy, she took a series of belly pics so there are lots of pics of her hair to check out lol. I think you could totally do the short hair like hers (she used to be totally bleach blonde, and brunette, and now she's the dark black like you).
    Anyway, the reason I bring this all up lol is that I think you could definitely rock the pixie cut!
    Here and here and here are some pics of my friend.
    Pinterest Twitter
    Siggy created with GS's Dia de los Muertos Monthly Mix

prettyingreen is offline *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Pretty in Green Designs
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 2

Post Thanks / Like

welll those are all some super cute hair styles!!! i couldnt ever go that short, i look to much like my brother to do that LOL.... but i think you look totally cute with your cut now i bet you could go shorter, and i'd say red! ;)

prettyingreen is offline *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Pretty in Green Designs
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 2

Post Thanks / Like

ok i think i just found my new hair cut! thanks colleen LOL

13. Likes Ambelleina, trina513 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Rachel - you could totally rock that!

Quote Originally Posted by prettyingreen View Post
    ok i think i just found my new hair cut! thanks colleen LOL