Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Back Pain

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Back Pain

I am hoping everyone's backs are feeling better today...yikes! I too, have back issues. disc degeneration in l1, l2. I take a homeopathic remedy called arnicare which is a lotion I put on in the Am, and there are little pills in the tube that comes with it, and I put one under my tongue to dissolve. It comes from the arnica plant and is sold at WholeFoods.
    I was not able to tolerate ibuprofen or ultracet or any of that. I am also in PT for some deep tissue massage using the gsraston technique in which they massage me with small stainless steel "tools" that go deeper than just hands do.

Feel better Tricia!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone. It feels better today, but not 100% yet. I had to leave the T-Ball game early last night and missed Kaden pitching and making two runs home. But, I am doing my best to make sure I'm good for Friday night's game and our vacation starting Saturday.

3. Dislikes Colleen disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I will keep my fingers crossed that you are doing better by Friday and Saturday!

Post Thanks / Like

Yuck. Back pain before a trip- that's when the WORST comes! I also had back problems from sports and genetics, so I used Advil a LOT.

Post Thanks / Like

Ouch... So sorry you are suffering with this - I hope you're starting to feel better. If not, it would be a good idea to have your dr. check it out.

I have had multiple back-issues for many years now - multi-level degenerative disc disease and have had two 3-level fusions in spine, with possibility of more in future. So I KNOW how awful and debilitating it can be. For me, ice has always worked the best, much better than heat. I use those soft gel-type ice-packs and keep at least 3 or 4 of them in the freezer at all times so I can rotate them if I'm having a bad day. I have Rx meds, but even if you use "just" over-the-counter meds, it is best if you take them on a schedule when you're having a pain flare-up, BEFORE the pain gets out of control. It's much easier to try to "keep up" with it than to try to "catch up" once it gets worse. DOn't be afraid to take both ibuprofen and acetominephen together - it is okay to take them together and taking both does definitely help more than taking just one. (check with your dr. or pharmacist if you are taking anything else though, just to be safe)

If you are able to take some time to lie down on ice (or heat if that works better for you), and try some relaxation techniques (deep breathing, consciously trying to relax all of your muscles, etc.) along with distracting yourself with books, TV, etc., that can be helpful. Also don't be afraid to ask for help with stuff if you need it in order to give your back a chance to rest and heal. If your dr. will prescribe physical therapy they can often give you exercises tailored to your needs which can help quite a bit.

Hopefully you're just experiencing a short-term bout, but if you find it developing into a chronic problem, please feel free to send me a PM - I might have some other ideas that could help too. It's no fun, but it helps if you can talk to someone who is/has dealt with similar issues.

Hope you are feeling better very soon!
    My blog
    My shop
    (this will have to do until I can make one of those fancy signatures!) Hehe!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12