Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Blog

So I want to start a new blog. My old neglected blog was created using blogger, but what do you think it better? Wordpress or Blogger? Why?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New Blog

Wordpress. More..stuff but less at the same time. I just really like Wordpress' dashboard WAY better. It's much easier to navigate. Plus I like their themes better too.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used both and I prefer Wordpress. I just like the features easier, it's all laid out pretty well.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Wordpress. Both paid (self-hosted) and free (.com version). I love it.
    I don't like Blogger, simply because I'm not a huge fan of Picasa or whatever they're calling it now.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks gals. I decided to sign up for a wordpress blog.

I picked the name: thelittlepaperheart.wordpress.com, but I haven't done anything yet except for register it.

This blog will replace my old one which I was just using for scraps and this will be for scraps, family, and everything else I may want to blog about.

The name is something that has been a big part of my life for the last year and I thought it was kind of cute. My son has been going to daycare/preschool since he was almost 2 and he will be 5 is exactly 1 month. Eek! Well he cried everyday I dropped him off for 2 years with a day here and there where he didn't cry while I was there, but would still cry sometime during the day.

The preschool had a professional come in to evaluate the teachers and children. If any of the children showed signs of needing help we'd be asked for permissions first...blah, blah, blah. Well I knew my son would need help since he's emotional throughout the day. One of the suggestions was to give him a construction cut-out heart with a little note for him. The notes are from me 99.9% of the time and .1% from my husband, but I'm the one who drops him off and picks him up so it makes sense. The notes are simple and usually say the same thing...often dictated by Gabe himself. He likes me to write specific things. A sample would be: Gabe, you are my favorite little man. I miss you and love you so much. Have a fun day at school. Love, Mama (and I have to draw a little heart too). When I take him into school he has me read it to him before he puts it in his cubby.

This little note has worked wonders. At first it would be catastrophic if he misplaced the note or if he got it wet. The teachers have learned there are "old" notes in the front pocked of his backpack for lost ones and a microwave for wet ones! He's not as dependent on the note now, but he still wants one everyday.

One Monday, I forgot to give him one and he forgot about it too. I got to work, parked, looked at my bag and realized I didn't give him a note. I grabbed one out of the ziplock and wrote the note and drove it back to school sacrificing being late for making sure Gabe had a good day. He had already realized he didn't have it and was upset, but was happy when I came back with one.

It's the little things that mean the most.

6. Likes photom, mamaape liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Love that story.

Can't wait to see your new blog come to life!

Post Thanks / Like

Poor little guy! School can be traumatic for some kids. I know I used to cry everyday for weeks when a new school year would start. I don't know what I was afraid of but my Dad was a teacher and I knew most of the other teachers so there was no reason to be afraid but I was for some reason. Even more silly! We lived less than a block from the elementary school so I didn't even have to ride the bus.
    My Store

Post Thanks / Like

Barb - that is the sweetest story. We need more moms like you! Okay, the part about you being late for working and driving back to school brought tears to my eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by nutsaboutgabe View Post
    Thanks gals. I decided to sign up for a wordpress blog.

I picked the name: thelittlepaperheart.wordpress.com, but I haven't done anything yet except for register it.

This blog will replace my old one which I was just using for scraps and this will be for scraps, family, and everything else I may want to blog about.

The name is something that has been a big part of my life for the last year and I thought it was kind of cute. My son has been going to daycare/preschool since he was almost 2 and he will be 5 is exactly 1 month. Eek! Well he cried everyday I dropped him off for 2 years with a day here and there where he didn't cry while I was there, but would still cry sometime during the day.

The preschool had a professional come in to evaluate the teachers and children. If any of the children showed signs of needing help we'd be asked for permissions first...blah, blah, blah. Well I knew my son would need help since he's emotional throughout the day. One of the suggestions was to give him a construction cut-out heart with a little note for him. The notes are from me 99.9% of the time and .1% from my husband, but I'm the one who drops him off and picks him up so it makes sense. The notes are simple and usually say the same thing...often dictated by Gabe himself. He likes me to write specific things. A sample would be: Gabe, you are my favorite little man. I miss you and love you so much. Have a fun day at school. Love, Mama (and I have to draw a little heart too). When I take him into school he has me read it to him before he puts it in his cubby.

This little note has worked wonders. At first it would be catastrophic if he misplaced the note or if he got it wet. The teachers have learned there are "old" notes in the front pocked of his backpack for lost ones and a microwave for wet ones! He's not as dependent on the note now, but he still wants one everyday.

One Monday, I forgot to give him one and he forgot about it too. I got to work, parked, looked at my bag and realized I didn't give him a note. I grabbed one out of the ziplock and wrote the note and drove it back to school sacrificing being late for making sure Gabe had a good day. He had already realized he didn't have it and was upset, but was happy when I came back with one.

It's the little things that mean the most.

10. Thanks nutsaboutgabe thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Awe Kathy - It makes me feel better to know someone else who had a hard time with school. You're so cute.

Quote Originally Posted by kl.winters View Post
    Poor little guy! School can be traumatic for some kids. I know I used to cry everyday for weeks when a new school year would start. I don't know what I was afraid of but my Dad was a teacher and I knew most of the other teachers so there was no reason to be afraid but I was for some reason. Even more silly! We lived less than a block from the elementary school so I didn't even have to ride the bus.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh good! I was going to say Wordpress too, but I see you already started one there! Love that name ;)
    ☮.▪▪.:♥♥:.:**:.▪:JENN:▪.:**:.:♥♥:.▪▪.☮
    My blogaroo...my personal site - ajoyfulheart.com...my newsletter

Have you clicked today?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast