Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Bday Party etiquette help

Quote Originally Posted by PixelsByJen View Post
    We did just send out invites for Cody's bday and we are having it at our house, so I wanted to only have a few kids too. I planned it on a weekday in the afternoon, so that should cut down on the number attending. Also, on the invite, we put that only lemonade tea and snowcones would be served. I made sure to not have it around meal time so that I don't have to feed parents too, LOL. I am also locking everyone OUT of my house, and staying in the pack patio, so there is no one lounging and such around the house. Most of the parties we went to did have a table specifically for the adults a ways away from the party too, so we will probably do the same.
    I'm glad I'm not close enough to get invited- having all those fun critters and then being locked out of the only place where most of them are gone! But, it is a really good idea, and so fun to have an adult table.
    For me, I only do 1 party- friends and family together. I totally know that adults are going to come, so it's not an issue. I just plan EXTRA big! Having leftovers-no problem for me- either send it home with as many others as will take them, or bring it all home for lunches and dinners the next few days! (Total bonus for me!) I did send out invites to about 15-16 friends, and about 1/2 of them RSVP'ed, and 1 asked if her older sister could come since her parents were out of town. (I assumed it was the older sister that was bringing her, but it was the 12 year old instead.) Still, it wasn't a big deal since I had planned for 3 kids that hadn't shown up anyway. Plus, I only have had like 3 parties for my 10 year old, so I don't think that gives enough times to be educated on this at all.

As for the homeschooling just dropping kids off, I totally get that. Plus, since my kid's "friends" aren't just from around the area, it usually takes about 20 minutes for me to get to the houses. I normally ask beforehand if I can stay and hang out in a separate room, though.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Bday Party etiquette help

If we decide to have a Princess Only Party (lol): All the kids (and parents) have been to our house at least once, so it's up to the parents if they feel comfortable leaving their child here. (Or rather, if they feel that their child would be comfortable here. I've watched some of the kids on play dates, so I don't think it would be a problem.)
    If we do a regular party: I just have to make sure parents know that only the child on the invite is, well, invited! So yeah, maybe personalized invites with the girl's name would be good.
    IDK when the party would be so don't worry Sara, I didn't forget to write when the party would start. ;) (Although it probably will be 1 cuz that means I don't have to feed lunch. That worked out really well for her 4th bday party! We did brunch time. I'm going to have to figure out if it should be mid-morning or mid-afternoon based on DS's nap schedule... cuz it would be AWESOME if he slept through the party rotfl!)
    Speaking of sleep...I gotta go to bed! We started sleep training DS yesterday, which means my days have been spent either holding/rocking/nursing him or playing with DD. I've had a few minutes to myself, but now it's time for bed. Hopefully I get a chance to scrap tomorrow!
    Pinterest Twitter
    Siggy created with GS's Dia de los Muertos Monthly Mix

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12