Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smoothie Recipes?

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has awesome smoothie recipes which taste good and are relatively healthy?
    There are so many foods I can't eat (fresh bread, meat, fruit skins, seeds, oats, coconut and much more), so I have 1 or 2 smoothies every day.

My current favorite is.....banana, milk, peanut butter, cinnamon and chia seeds.

I would love to find some more yummy recipes.

2. Likes Scrapper, trina513 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Smoothie Recipes?

Lindsay, I am sorry to read you are unable to eat so many nice things. Your drink sounds interesting except for the bananas - my least liked fruit.

I have a green smoothie most mornings but they might not be good for you as I put the whole apple ( if it is organic - otherwise peel it), pineapple, sometimes strawberries or frozen raspberries and greens ( carrot tops or celery tops or english spinach etc) and also I add chia seeds. I use a Vitamix that totally liquidizes it all.
    Signature created using My Garden by Trixie Scraps

hclappy is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

I love fruit smoothies with spinach, especially peach/banana/spinach. Looks gross, but so tasty

5. Likes Scrapper liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I can't seem to make myself try a green smoothie yet! I get my spinach by drying it in the oven to make chips!

7. Likes craftytam, Scrapper, hclappy, trina513 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My kids have been making smoothies lately. Yogurt, strawberry, banana, milk. I feel like we've tricked them somehow to eat healthy food They feel like they tricked us somehow to get a tasty smoothie. We are just using a cheapie Walmart blender but it is a pain to clean. Is there a easier way to make smoothies?

Facebook ~ Pinterest ~ CTM for Created by Jill

FB
    Pinterest

9. Likes Scrapper liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have a cheap Blitz2Go by Kambrook and it's so easy to use and very quick to clean up.

11. Thanks gethane thanked for this post
    Likes Scrapper, gethane liked this post
    hclappy is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

Lindsay- They're so good! I promise you can't even taste the spinach, as long as you use bananas. They do something magical in there that makes the spinach taste disappear

Gethane- I love my Magic Bullet for smoothies. Much easier cleanup than my big blender.

13. Likes Scrapper liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I love smoothies too I have one nearly every morning!

This is the one I had today - 2 Banana's; 1 Tablespoon Chocolate or Cacao Powder; 1 Dessertspoon or Tablespoon of Honey; 1 Dessertspoon of Almond Butter with Chia Seeds; 200 mls of Almond Milk (I don't have much dairy); a dash of cinnamon and a handful of ice cubes - blend and it tastes delicious - YUM

I'm also on a Wheat Free & Gluten Free (If I can) Diet - is there any other recipes that you would like help with Lindsay ??

I now CT 4 Happy Scrap Arts and Scrappiness Designs (On Hold)
    I'm a designer ~ Jemima's Digital Boutique and see my NEW blog for details @
    http://jemimasdigitalboutique.blogspot.com.au/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
    I love smoothies too I have one nearly every morning!

This is the one I had today - 2 Banana's; 1 Tablespoon Chocolate or Cacao Powder; 1 Dessertspoon or Tablespoon of Honey; 1 Dessertspoon of Almond Butter with Chia Seeds; 200 mls of Almond Milk (I don't have much dairy); a dash of cinnamon and a handful of ice cubes - blend and it tastes delicious - YUM

I'm also on a Wheat Free & Gluten Free (If I can) Diet - is there any other recipes that you would like help with Lindsay ??
    Yours sounds similar to the one I make. I will have to try your slight variation!

16. Thanks Scrapper thanked for this post
    Likes Scrapper liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Lindsay, another one I had today ~ 1 Banana; 1 Dessertspoon or Tablespoon of Honey; 1 Dessertspoon of Almond Butter with Chia Seeds; 200 mls of Almond Milk (I don't have much dairy); 1/2 Cup of Frozen Blueberries OR Mixed Frozen Fruit; a dash of cinnamon and a handful of ice cubes - blend and this also was delicious - YUM

I now CT 4 Happy Scrap Arts and Scrappiness Designs (On Hold)
    I'm a designer ~ Jemima's Digital Boutique and see my NEW blog for details @
    http://jemimasdigitalboutique.blogspot.com.au/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast