Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fraudulent Charges

Ugh...so I woke up this morning and while checking my email I noticed a few emails from Walmart regarding an order placed, account information changes and an order pickup. Hmmm...I didn't order anything!! The item, a laptop, is to be picked up today in Kirkwood, MO between 10am and 10pm CST! I don't live in MO and haven't been in MO for a few years and I didn't even have a Walmart card then.

I called the Walmart 800 numbers and they aren't open YET!! They don't open until 9 CST I decided to call the store where the item is supposed to be picked up to speak with a store manager. He said I needed to call the 800 number, which I know, but I asked him to stop the order from being picked up! Luckily I have a 1 hour lead as I'm in EST.

I don't need this crap today.

prettyingreen is offline *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Pretty in Green Designs
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fraudulent Charges

oh my gosh! i hope you can stop it and get you money back

Post Thanks / Like

I feel for you. I hope someone didn't get your credit card info...my hubby had someone scan his card to get his number while traveling to Chicago once and they opened up a Verizon account with his credit card...it was a mess and took a few months to clear everything up.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how people would do that. I haven't traveled out of CT for a month and if I have left it was to drive to northeast PA meaning I drove through a part of NY state to get there. It's beyond annoying, but I am thankful it's not a major credit card or my debit card.

My older sister was robbed when she lived in a suburb of Philly, while she was sleeping! They took her laptop bag which had her laptop and her wallet. They too opened accounts at Verizon with one credit card and took her cash. Then dumped her wallet in a US Postal mailbox. Obviously she never got her laptop back either.

Quote Originally Posted by webdesignmom View Post
    I feel for you. I hope someone didn't get your credit card info...my hubby had someone scan his card to get his number while traveling to Chicago once and they opened up a Verizon account with his credit card...it was a mess and took a few months to clear everything up.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the option to hit the cancel order button, but I don't want to do that until I speak with Walmart corporate because I want this person to be caught. If I cancel the order it may break the chain of events and the person may suspect something is up and not go pick up the order.

Quote Originally Posted by prettyingreen View Post
    oh my gosh! i hope you can stop it and get you money back

Post Thanks / Like

you should call the credit card and cancel the charge...they can flag it or something, then they won't be able to pick up the order. this happened to me recently, i use AMEX and they called me about a fraud charge made in Australia of all places...like that would not show up on my account since I live in the the good 'o USA. I know its' stressful and a hassle but better to get is fixed now with a small charge then let them get away with it today and try for something much bigger tomorrow. good luck, sending positive thoughts your way.

Proudly Creating for
    Ginger Scraps CT - Connie Prince - Luv Ewe - Little Rad Trio
    Amy Martin - Lynne-Marie - Sas Designs
    Guesting for Kaye Winiecki

Post Thanks / Like

Well how they got my husband's number was by using a portable scanner and I have been told that you don't have to be standing right next to the person, you can be up to 25 feet away...he now uses a metal wallet...but I wonder how they got your info.

Post Thanks / Like

ergh! this is so frustrating!
    back in september, i sent a $35 check through the mail to pay a bill. long story short, someone had intercepted the check, and turned it into a check for $1,486!!!!!!! i had all the proof i needed to get the money back, but it took a few weeks, but i was so pissed that the bank cashed the damn thing in the first place! credit cards are even more common than check fraud, so i hope you get it sorted quickly! UGH!

Post Thanks / Like

I think you should call the police and see if they can arrest the person who arrives to pick up the laptop. We had this happen a few years ago. It was such a mess getting it all sorted out. We knew something was up when we received a box from PetCo and we didn't have a pet!

Post Thanks / Like

Update...the order has been cancelled, but I don't know who cancelled it. It was cancelled at 936am EST. The walmart corporate number wasn't open until 10am EST so I had to wait. I did report the card as lost/stolen so I can get a new account. The woman I spoke with from Walmart said I could file a police report if I wanted to press charges or just to file it because I want to. Also I could fill out a Theft Victim affidavit online at Walmart.com. She did tell me when she pulled up the order it was flagged as fraudulent.

My thought process was to let the order go through and arrest the thief when they came to the store to pick it up. Otherwise the persons real identity may be unknown and they can just continue to do this crap.

I know this purchase has been stopped, but not knowing how this information was obtained makes me worry about any of my other accounts out there. I haven't traveled, I shred my statements, I only pay bills on my home computer, my wifi is secured. I guess thieves have their ways of getting info.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast