Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fraudulent Charges

wow...craziness!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tree City View Post
    oh no Barb! that totally stinks. My debit card number was stolen off of the merchant's copy of the receipt at the ZOO! They took the number, waited a few months to make a new card with it and used it in NJ. Thankfully our bank caught it after 2 uses. They were the ones who realized everyone's cards had been previously used at the zoo.
    now I make sure I carry cash with me at all times. my zoo souvenir cup cost us $700 and lots of headaches! (the money was replaced, at least.) and we had to file a police report in order to get our money back, but i would have anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twin Mom Scraps View Post
    ergh! this is so frustrating!
    back in september, i sent a $35 check through the mail to pay a bill. long story short, someone had intercepted the check, and turned it into a check for $1,486!!!!!!! i had all the proof i needed to get the money back, but it took a few weeks, but i was so pissed that the bank cashed the damn thing in the first place! credit cards are even more common than check fraud, so i hope you get it sorted quickly! UGH!
    Sounds like what happened to my aunt. Every year she would send my kids a check for $25 in the mail. Well, we didn't see one for my daughter, and I just thought she may have forgotten. About a week later she called and told me she got a call from the police in the next city over. Apparently they had taken over $2,000 out of her account, and the next year she had told me she was still dealing with it. We need to get a lockbox or PO box, because our mail gets stolen like every 6 months or so. It's pretty sad!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got your money back, but I really wish they were able to catch the creep! Hopefully they still can!

Post Thanks / Like

I wish too because even though the sale never was finalized I think somthing is amiss. This person was able to change my Walmart shopping account (not the credit card) password. I KNOW what it was and it didn't work last night. I reset it and went in and it said "Welcome Constance Smith". GGGGGGGRRRRRRR

I changed it all back and am waiting for a new card, but I got a weird email from Walmart credit (GE Money) with a balance and it was higher than what it was supposed to be. Only by $22 but still. That was odd and it said for account ending in 7373...which was the account that I closed thanks to the fraud. I am surprised they would send me an email with that. When I try to check my walmart credit card online I can't because the account is closed! A call to Walmart credit is on my to-do list today.

Quote Originally Posted by photom View Post
    Glad you got your money back, but I really wish they were able to catch the creep! Hopefully they still can!

5. Dislikes photom disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nutsaboutgabe View Post
    I changed it all back and am waiting for a new card, but I got a weird email from Walmart credit (GE Money) with a balance and it was higher than what it was supposed to be. Only by $22 but still.
    So sorry! Just think about $22 from 100 people. Most people would probably just decide it's not worth the effort, but it still really chaps me that there are people out there who are totally ok with doing this to others. They will have their "reward" catch up to them.

Post Thanks / Like

Ohh gosh, this tread scares me! I never thought of stuff like this, till my sons debit card got stolen and used for fraude on a foundation! some Nigerian gang had taken 1400 euro's from a foundation, put it on my sons account and took it off there so it looked like he did it(a 15 year old boy). Turned out they do this with a lot of teenagers backaccounts here and the police knows it is a gang, but the back compagny still lets the parents of the childeren pay for it!They say they must have given the ATM numbers to get things done! like those people aren't smooth enough to find out your nr another way!
    with us it was 1400 euro's but I have heard of people who had to pay over 5000 euro to the bank!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234