msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Given the choice...

safe, yet dull...

sorry- maybe, because I'm older than most [or all y'all] here. I do not like surprises. I do not like to be scared out of my wits. Along that line...I do not like roller coasters either.
    m
    Michelle

Post Thanks / Like

Watching tv or reading books I always think to myself that I could do adventurous and unknown but if someone came up to me and asked if I would go on an adventure I would most likely choose safe yet dull and say no.

Then again if the choice was given in the situation (not beforehand) then I would be crazy scared and then decide to at least give the unknown a chance. For instance I suffer from fear of hights and would say no if someone asked me if I would go sky diving. But if for some reason I was given a gift card for a skydiving session then I would be terribly scared but not at all unwilling to consider doing it. Actually I would hate myself for not doing it so I would at least go up in the plane and see others do skydiving.

Did that make sense?

Post Thanks / Like

Sanne - it makes sense but your post made me laugh...especially the part about the gift card!

Quote Originally Posted by Sniksnak View Post
    Watching tv or reading books I always think to myself that I could do adventurous and unknown but if someone came up to me and asked if I would go on an adventure I would most likely choose safe yet dull and say no.

Then again if the choice was given in the situation (not beforehand) then I would be crazy scared and then decide to at least give the unknown a chance. For instance I suffer from fear of hights and would say no if someone asked me if I would go sky diving. But if for some reason I was given a gift card for a skydiving session then I would be terribly scared but not at all unwilling to consider doing it. Actually I would hate myself for not doing it so I would at least go up in the plane and see others do skydiving.

Did that make sense?

Post Thanks / Like

When DD was about 2yo, DH had an opportunity to do his post doc in France. FRANCE! I was like "Heck yeah! How many people get the chance to move to France for 4 years?! We can go wine tasting, shopping, eat at cool restaurants, visit the Louvre, and Genevieve can go to preschool in France. And learn FRENCH! We can take the train to other countries!" But DH was like "Where will we live? We don't speak French. We don't know anyone. It's expensive. Neither of us will have a car. French people are rude to Americans" [sorry if anyone here is French, but that's the American stereotype: we think all French people hate us. lol!] I said "But we'll meet people/learn the language/take taxis!" DH is a total control freak rotfl and definitely plays it safe and dull. So he and I are good for each other: I pull him out of his shell and he stops me from doing crazy things. I still think "What if?" sometimes. What if we'd moved there? I had to move away from my parents when DH started grad school.
    If you're far enough away that your family can't just pop over for dinner, then to me it doesn't matter where in the world (literally) you are. The friends you meet become your family. We're in TX and we might as well be in France: neither place is where we grew up, so why not take the more exotic route? But having said that, I loooove where we are in TX, and now that we have DS, I am glad we're not in France cuz I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have wanted to be pregnant in another country.
    Pinterest Twitter
    Siggy created with GS's Dia de los Muertos Monthly Mix

5. Likes nutsaboutgabe liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123