Any mums out there with tips for toddlers... She wont eat, wont sleep through, wont talk properly... we have a house full of tired and cranky parents and need some help!

To be fair she does eat, but only real McDonalds chicken nuggets (we've tried making our own and putting them in the McD box, but she knows the difference!) and junk food. She wont even let you get the food near her mouth to taste it to even try. She had a very bad experience with food - 2 years of being sick with ear infections & 16 lots tonsillitis and vomiting almost every meal up she seems to have kept her food association to it and not sure how long it will take (if it ever will) to break her out of it. One child nurse said to put a meal in front of her and if she doesn't eat it she goes to bed hungry. The doctor said to give her a break because she had a rough time and will come around eventually.... I know a lot of parents have food issues with kids but Ella freaks out when food goes near her (unless its the chicken nuggest or the junk food she likes)... I never thought I'd hear myself say "I wish my kid at hot chips, at least its potato!". She wont even eat them. Before her surgery she ate so much and now after the pain of surgery (she almost died) its gotten really bad.... I've tried everything from disguising as funny faces, letting her help cook and pick out the food, to picnics outside (making eating fun), nothing seems to work. She is still only little, but how long do I allow her to get over her bad experiences.....

My thoughts are about her sleeping is she wont sleep if she doesn't eat... The child nurse reckons it has nothing to do with it... I know I can't sleep if I'm hungry.... The last 2 nights (and it happens at least 1-2 times a week) she been awake for 3 hours in the middle of the night! We are all so tired and yet for a kid that doesn't eat or sleep its like someone gave her a can of energy drink!

Her speech they say is delayed due to all the tonsil issues, but she happily repeats words from her fav TV show/movie. I know she can talk, she says heaps of words (can count, say the alphabet, knows most of the animals & sounds and even say s&^! that she learned from me accidentally saying it ONCE!) but she wont 'converse' with us. Wont answer a question or reply to anything. She just stares blankly at you or throws a tantrum when we ask her to use her words. Most of the time she just drags us around the house to tell us what she wants and its a constant guessing game as to what she wants. Makes it really hard to understand the world of a toddler when they wont respond!

anyway from a VERY tired mum who is at her wits end, thats my rant for the day...

any help or ideas would be great! off to have a nap now.... zzzzzzzzzzzzz