Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm from the country and I like it that way, Kansas
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Is there a Pediatrician in the house???

Yup, what Char said! I was going to say it looks just like eczemaand that my son has the steroid cream and it works wonders!! Hope you get some soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for all the help/advice its not as red as in the pictures today and I put the hydrocortisone cream on it once already. I do think it was a bit chapped yesterday because while in the car he has spilled/spit his entire zippy cup of water on himself in his car seat and had to sit in it for an hour while driving!!! Kids just aren't. Very smart sometimes, lol

Post Thanks / Like

Going on an restricted diet is never fun, but cereal and milk is REALLY easy to take care of- RICE milk! As for the rest of dairy- I'm not too sure, but we've done salt "free" (many foods have sodium in it, but the added sodium is what the problem is), gluten free, meat free, sugar free...... I'm probably missing something in there. Glad it has calmed down some.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep I agree with ll said It looks like eczema! My son has suffered with eczema since he was about 2.5 years old, he will be 12 next week.
    We have tried a lot of stuff! Over the counter and RX.
    Triamcinolone works the best for him (it is an RX) it heals his eczema faster than any other cream we have tried!

When he is itchy we also use a spray called Dermoplast, it is an over the counter spray. And safe for little ones. It basically numbs the area, it doesn't heal the eczema, but it helps with the itching.

Also try to keep it dry and clean, sweat makes it really get angry.

5. Thanks MSPeeler thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

My husband is Lactose intolerant, so we have Almond Milk for him vs 2% for the kids... I'll just have to start using the Almond milk and see if that makes a difference.... now about the Yogurt.... do they even MAKE lactose free yogurt?

Ginger- YEP, I started noticing this about a year ago, right after he turned 2!

Someone mentioned an allergy test... we did have one done when he was 18 months old, which showed he was allergic to many things (dogs, cats and peanuts included) and we have a dog, a cat and he eats peanut butter every day.... so.... lol I think he needs a re-check!

Post Thanks / Like

My son used to get terrible eczema outbreaks. We heard that Omega 3 vitamin supplements could help. I was skeptical at first. But, after 3 months of giving him the "fishy" vitamins every day, he stopped having outbreaks. It's been a year now and he hasn't had any problems. We give him the Omega 3's and slather him in Eucerin every morning and night. It's worked for us!

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome Tricia! I was just talking to my husband about children's vitamins, I assume they make the omega 3s for kids too? Is that like fish oil?

Post Thanks / Like

It does look exactly like eczema to me as well. I don't like to use steroid creams on my kids unless it absolutely won't clear up without. I give them a lukewarm bath, then immediately after you towel them off, rub him down with Cetaphil emolient cream. When it is bad like that, it helps to bathe them 2-3 times - just a nice soak to get that moisture in there - and use the cream. You want his skin to still be moist when you rub it on. Carter had eczema badly as a baby all over his face, elbows, and his butt. He still gets it occasionally. I hope it gets cleared up soon!

10. Thanks MSPeeler thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MSPeeler
    Awesome Tricia! I was just talking to my husband about children's vitamins, I assume they make the omega 3s for kids too? Is that like fish oil?
    Yes. They're gummies. I get them at Walmart.

12. Thanks MSPeeler thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MSPeeler View Post
    Someone mentioned an allergy test... we did have one done when he was 18 months old, which showed he was allergic to many things (dogs, cats and peanuts included) and we have a dog, a cat and he eats peanut butter every day.... so.... lol I think he needs a re-check!
    All those may be what's contributing to it as well.

I have adult onset eczema, which started about 3 years ago, only in the winter months, but I would just use over the counter cream to keep it under control. Now it's progressed past that point, and even the steroid cremes aren't seeming to work out! I will try a few of the tips on here, and hopefully that will help!
    Good luck on keeping that in check, Michelle!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast