Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: break ins

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: break ins

Yikes that is scary!
    Glad that you have somebody close to add to your safety.

Post Thanks / Like

Yikes Susie! Glad your dog noticed that he was coming over the fence! I agree, just because you are in a rural setting, doesn't mean it doesn't happen there. I mean, I grew up to where you didn't have to lock the doors at night, but we still did it. My dad always said window and door locks were just there to keep an honest person out.

3. Likes trina513 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'd leave lights AND music/a TV on. Sometimes it will deter someone from breaking in if they hear noise that makes them think someone is home.

I can't even count how many times our apartments/house got broken into when I lived with my mom. Even when we were deep into poverty when I was younger and we had nothing more than one futon (for my mom, my brother and me together) and a 10" b&w tv (literally--no furniture, no beds, nothing), we had our apartment broken into and our tiny little tv stolen from us.

It got better once we moved into a house, but our house also got broken into twice. The first time, our back door was kicked in, I had my laptop stolen while I was in college. Pain the butt to have no computer while you're in college. Second time was infuriating: I installed a metal plate with a padlock on my bedroom door after the first break-in. They literally kicked my bedroom door in, shedding the plate from the wood and destroying my door, JUST to destroy my room BUT STEAL NOTHING. Like, my PS2 was unplugged and wrapped up, but not taken. My digi camera was pulled out, not taken. My jewelry was moved, not taken. But my clothes were everywhere, my air freshener was spilled all over my stuff (oil, so it ruined things), my papers were crumpled and thrown all around, my trash bin was knocked over and I had these cute candy necklaces for my sister's b-day party, they were taken out of a bag, out of their boxes and CRUNCHED all over my bedroom floor.

I damn near lost my mind. I did end up realizing they stole some DVDs from me. WOW. They had to destroy my room for some $5 Wal-Mart DVDs. I was standing in my front lawn, screaming and cussing because I was so infuriated that my room was so messed up, but hardly anything taken and no other room in the house touched.

It doesn't matter whether you live in a rich neighborhood, poor neighborhood, the city or the country. Pathetic, loser thieves are everywhere.

Can I just say I hate, hate, HATE thieves? Seriously. It's one of my all-time biggest hates. I grew up so poor with nothing for so long, I work hard for what I have now. All my clothes, all my things, everything I have I've bought with my own money from working, so it pisses me off when someone thinks they can just waltz in and take things from me.

My little sister used to steal from me all the time: clothes, make-up, jewelry, money. It is so disgusting, I don't care if she is my sister or not. A thief is a THIEF. UGH!

Invest in some pepper spray and a baseball bat. I carry pepper spray and a kubotan with me at all times. (The bf carries a knife and a ninja kubotan.) I am just kind of waiting for the day someone tries to steal from me again so I can inflict some happy little pain on their thieving life!

(JK, I do not want to be mugged and I do NOT want to have to hurt someone...but I WILL!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12