Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: break ins

Post Thanks / Like

Default break ins

Ugh... earlier I had the Sherrif come up to my door asking if we have seen anything unusual because there was a break in at the storage place behind our house. I told him about hubs a couple weekends ago (apparently the time of the break in) about the dog waking hubs up at 2 am and 2 guys staring at the house and pointing towards the fence (hopefully for their common sense & security they noticed the beware of dog sign -- it will get ugly if he feels threatened) but with hubs being out of town, I couldn't give him much detail other then they were black. He tells to be extra safe since our fence is on 2 sides of their property. Seriously??????? this just makes me feel great being alone with 2 kids. So he's going to send someone out to patrol while hubs is gone.

so just got this image in my head that mama's gonna have to suck it up and pretend she's Annie Potts..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDFwoyJvGlc
    Reasons like this is why I am glad my dad's best friend of 20+ years/ retired marine lives next door to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: break ins

Oh my...how scary. I will be praying you are all safe. I'd keep some lights on at all times!

Post Thanks / Like

I normally do since I hate the house being dark when I am alone but I think I will keep the kitchen or laundry room light on too.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel for you, when my hubby is out of town I sleep with a baseball bat. No joke.

5. Likes Psychozoe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

OH my goodness, I'd be frantic!!

My husband works nights so I've been alone at night for 30+ years and some nights I still get all worked up if I see / hear something ...
    We live in a rural area, so there isn't ever traffic to speak of ... that why if something is a miss I get in a tizzy.

PS - Love the little Youtube clip it!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll send prayers your way that everything is ok and nothing happens. So scary!

Post Thanks / Like

I got a letter in my mailbox not long ago from a neighbor, to notify us that her and her direct nextdoor neighbor had break ins, from the front door no less! It's a mad world out there..... We got a security camera, and security screen doors and alarm system now... plus a Siberian Husky.... they've been warned.... I know how to use a bat and pepper spray at the SAME time!

Post Thanks / Like

Reading things like this makes me so glad I live in small town, rural America!

Post Thanks / Like

I grew up in a small town -- so probably doesn't help me.

Quote Originally Posted by StarWarsFans View Post
    Reading things like this makes me so glad I live in small town, rural America!

Post Thanks / Like

i live in small town rural america, but that doesn't mean there's no crime. We have such a bad prob here with meth.. and because of that, many more homes and cars and random places are getting broken in to. Be careful, even in small towns.

We have a german shepherd, and 2 other little tiny dogs... and believe me, a dog is a huge deterrent.. especially huskies, shepherds, etc.

we were out of town once and had a call from a neighbor that concerned us.. so we called the local sheriff in our town and had them go take a look around our property. They called us when they got to our house, and even they were wary of the German shepherd. they said they didn't even want to get close to the fence.

I had a big dog, too, a few years ago when I lived in Mesa. Our house was backed up to a grocery store parking lot. We had a 8 ft. block fence, though.. and we didn't ever hear or see much from that area. But one night, I was in the backyard feeding the rabbit, and my Golden retriever went nuts and ran to the fence at the back of the yard. I saw some guy trying to climb the fence and come into our yard! I freaked, and yelled... my dog is gonna get you! and I'm calling the cops! My dog was biting his feet.. he changed his mind and went back over the fence... he got away fast, because the police helicopter was there within seconds, and they never spotted him.

So I know dogs make a huge difference!

Gina, I hope everything is ok, and do what June said, and sleep with a baseball bat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast