Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default I need help with an idea

OK, so my son just started cub scouts last month, and I wanted to make him an AWESOME scouting scrapbook. He just barely got his Bobcat badge at his 2nd pack meeting, so obviously the BIG things need to be scrapped, but it's the little things that I would also like to highlight.
    The only problem is, there is 12 "requirements" (with each having 4-10 subcategories to them) and then about 129 (give or take 1!) electives that he could get as well~ those are broken down into 23 categories. So, my dilemma is that just for this year, he would need like 3 books to put it in if I did everything that he does! Even breaking it down into 1 monthly LO would still be 24 pages, but I guess it's doable. Unless he passes off more than 4 or 5 things in a month!

Anyway, I'm just hoping that someone had experience in scrapping this. I've only seen 1 or 2 Eagle scrapbooks, but I don't remember what they were! I just thought it would be fun to be able to have not only the "boy" scout stuff, but also the "cub" stuff in there too!

msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I need help with an idea

My older grandson recently stared cub scouts [the younger DGS... shows up in July...]
    My suggestion is to scrap it 'your way'. I mean... Take those requirements and showcase how they work for him! Make pages meaningful for him.
    I have a kit from here about scouting.
    Go for it!
    m
    Michelle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by msbrad View Post
    I have a kit from here about scouting.
    I'm assuming you are talking about Connie's Scouting for the Boy's kit? Yup~ got it!

msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by photom View Post
    I'm assuming you are talking about Connie's Scouting for the Boy's kit? Yup~ got it!
    Yes! That is the one. LOL, my brain just couldn't think at the moment and I was muli-tasking from work.
    m
    Michelle

Post Thanks / Like

My boys were in Cub Scouts and I wish we could help you but it sounds like what we did isn't what your looking for. I left it up to my boys what they wanted. My older son did his own which I won't get into. But my younger son who is now 2nd class Boy Scout what he wanted was just highlights of each rank. He didn't want all the requirements in there and all the details, and I was glad because I think it would be long and tiring to have every single thing in there but that is just my opinion. Anyways, he just has in his the highlights of the different badges, him receiving each badge, any campouts for each year, any summer camps for each year, etc. And its all in one book, nice and simple. Most of the Eagle books from boys in my area they only have maybe two from Cub Scouts and some only have one. Most have more photos from boy scouts because that is where you get into some high adventure stuff and our Boy Scout troop goes all over for Summer Camp, we never go to the same place twice. Good luck with your books.

6. Thanks photom thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

My son, with his den, is actually making his own scrapbook. They provide all the items, and they're working that way.
    I did go out and buy some Boy Scout related items, and I plan on, when he moves up to a Wolf, to scan in his pages, so we have permanent reminders, but otherwise, he's not getting a lot of his stuff scrapped.

It's hard to scrap all of it, especially some of the items. Don't force it. Just scrap the things you (or he) feels are important. The point of scouts is to have fun

8. Thanks photom thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    I did go out and buy some Boy Scout related items, and I plan on, when he moves up to a Wolf, to scan in his pages, so we have permanent reminders, but otherwise, he's not getting a lot of his stuff scrapped.
    Sarah, how old is Ethan again? My Robert just turned 8, and they don't do tiger scouts here, so his first badge was the Bobcat- basically just knowing the rules and stuff. I know your Madi is older, but for some reason, I always put Ethan older than my son.

Post Thanks / Like

Ethan just turned 7. He goes into Wolves when he starts Second Grade, in August.
    Bobcat is earned *before* they can get their Tiger Cub badge.

Madi turns 9 in June. She'll be a JUNIOR in Girl Scouts :O

Post Thanks / Like

OK, so E is just 1 year behind Robert. Bobcat is the 1st badge they earn, I guess, just to learn the law of the pack and all that stuff. He just barely started mid March since they don't do Tiger out here. Here is his 2nd pack meeting, where he received his Bobcat badge: http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/show...r-boys&cat=all The first meeting he hadn't even had time to get his uniform or book or anything. He is so excited that he goes around telling everyone that he is a cub scout and salutes them! It's cute, but also a little embarrassing!

Post Thanks / Like

Bobcat, which they earn about 1/2-1/3 through Tiger, Tiger, Wolf, Bear, Weeblo, I think is how it goes.
    They didn't start until 1st Grade here, and Kindergarten for Girl Scouts.

Josh had to make an emergency run to get his uniform shirt, and I had to order his book and stuff online because the store in town didn't have jack-squat. I have to order Madi's too, because the closest store is Lawrence, and, once again, only has the sashes/vests.

I haven't been to any of his pack meetings (or den). Josh goes with him to those. I have some pics and videos, but all I have scrapped has been his fire station visit. Next up (the 17th), he's visiting the local news station. Not the one we would have LIKED him to visit (because they only wanted Saturdays ... though EVERYONE else is basically available after work during the week :O)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast