Post Thanks / Like

Default Brain Tumor Awareness kit

How about designing a kit for Brain Tumor (Cancer-gray ribbon) Awareness? May is brain tumor awareness month and we really need all the help we can get increasing awareness of this hideous disease. Maybe you could design a kit and donate part of the proceeds to an organization like the American Brian Tumor Association (abta.org). Primary brain tumors (tumors that originate in the brain) are almost certainly a death sentence. I know from personal experience. My husband of 40 years fought for almost 6 years before losing his battle on Thanksgiving Day 2011. Only 3% of the tumors diagnosed each year are the type that my husband had (oligodendroglioma) so there is no approved treatment for it. We had to repeatedly try treatments for other cancer types, hoping to find one that would work long enough for a treatment for his type to be developed. He was diagnosed in May 2006 and went through 8 recurrences. He was such a warrior and my hero. Only 34 % of the people who are diagnosed with brain cancer survive past the five-year mark. That is a dreadful, heartbreaking statistic. There are so many people, especially children, being diagnosed each year. But brain cancer doesn't get the same recognition as others, like lung and breast cancer. So we really need to increase the awareness to help with research funding. I have used kits for breast cancer and changed the colors to make scrapbooks and cards for brain tumor awareness, but they just weren't very pretty. Most of those kits had breast cancer awareness printed on everything. I would love for someone to design a pretty kit for brain tumors. The awareness color is gray but I think a professional could do wonders with it! Sorry about rattling on so, but as you can probably tell, this is very near and dear to my heart.
    Thanks for any consideration you give to my idea.
    Janet Cobb

missdamsel is offline *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Brain Tumor Awareness kit

Whata great idea!! Maybe our designers can do something with this!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for your loss Janet. Your husband did sound like a fighter. Hopefully someone will be happy to make a kit to fit your needs.

missdamsel is offline *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

Janet,

I just saw some ladies on the Today show raising awareness for Brain tumor awareness month and thought about you. Hope you are doing well today! Just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you.

prettyingreen is offline *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Pretty in Green Designs
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 2

Post Thanks / Like

you posted this idea on my Facebook a little while back, i still love the idea, but i wont have time to take it on this month, maybe one of our other fab designers will be able too