Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What's stressing you?

My stress? My husband's job. Seems Congress has UPS and Fedex so deep in their pockets, they're willing to screw over the whole country for them ;)

That, and normal money issues. First car payment comes out, and because Josh was sick, we lost nearly a full day's worth of overtime, which is about $300.

Post Thanks / Like

That's rough Sarah. Money is such a stress factor for so many people and it doesn't look like it's going to get better any time soon. Our economic situation is so sad right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StarWarsFans View Post
    DH had a job he hated and it was really hard on our marriage. After a lot of prayer, an unexpected job offer came along that was perfect. He loved it and would still be at it if the boss hadn't retired and downsized the farm. So I will pray that everything works out for you guys Missi!

I am stressing a bit over swimsuit season too. I was on a medication for 6 months that I thought would cause me to gain weight, but it didn't. When I went off of it, however, then BAM! I have gained 10 pounds already and it's all in a spare tire around my middle. Ugh!
    I am EXTREMELY glad the boyfriend recently started a new job. When our company laid off 700 people in 2009, he was one of the unlucky ones. He ended up working in a grocery store for minimum wage for almost a year after spending a year on unemployment and working random temp jobs. The year he was working steadily as the grocery store was HELL. They treated him so terribly and the hours were so crazy, it almost ripped us apart. He would come home is THE worst moods, irritated, gripey and just being a jerk...all because that dang job. Not only were they mistreating the employees, they paid them next to nothing, then cut their hours only to ask them to stay late all the time. WHAT?! I will never shop at Kroger again now that I know how poorly they treat their employees.

A really bad job can destroy lives and relationships. We were on the brink of destruction because of the stress that job put on him. The he would come home and take it out on me, which was hard for me to handle after a while. I am SO GLAD I found his new job randomly thrown on Craigslist. He works steady normal daytime hours now for a substantial amount more (from minimum wage/scraping by to excess money!), way closer to home and since it's a small business, everyone knows each other and is courteous.

That's ONE giant stressor I have escaped as of just a couple of months ago. Our relationship is SO much better now--it's amazing.

Now if only I could look good in a swimsuit...

4. Likes Terra, nutsaboutgabe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ambelleina

I am EXTREMELY glad the boyfriend recently started a new job. When our company laid off 700 people in 2009, he was one of the unlucky ones. He ended up working in a grocery store for minimum wage for almost a year after spending a year on unemployment and working random temp jobs. The year he was working steadily as the grocery store was HELL. They treated him so terribly and the hours were so crazy, it almost ripped us apart. He would come home is THE worst moods, irritated, gripey and just being a jerk...all because that dang job. Not only were they mistreating the employees, they paid them next to nothing, then cut their hours only to ask them to stay late all the time. WHAT?! I will never shop at Kroger again now that I know how poorly they treat their employees.

A really bad job can destroy lives and relationships. We were on the brink of destruction because of the stress that job put on him. The he would come home and take it out on me, which was hard for me to handle after a while. I am SO GLAD I found his new job randomly thrown on Craigslist. He works steady normal daytime hours now for a substantial amount more (from minimum wage/scraping by to excess money!), way closer to home and since it's a small business, everyone knows each other and is courteous.

That's ONE giant stressor I have escaped as of just a couple of months ago. Our relationship is SO much better now--it's amazing.

That's EXACTLY how it was with DH's old job. He was overworked, underpaid, and even asked to compromise his integrity and overcharge customers which he refused to do. He was in a bad mood all the time and work was all he could think and talk about.

As far as the swimsuit goes, I don't really care how I look in it. I just don't want to have to buy a new one. I have a whole wardrobe I love and am frustrated because it's all too small now. I don't have the money for new clothes so I need to make these 10 pounds go away!

6. Likes Ambelleina liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like everyone's number one stress is financial worries these days. I can tell you from experience that when it starts to effect your relationship make sure you talk about it and share your feelings with each other. I found out the hard way that it had been effecting my hubby more than I ever realized because he kept it to himself. Some of you know this because I have shared in the past but my hubby was to proud to admit that he was feeling like a failure when our business folded and one day he snapped and attempted suicide by ingesting antifreeze. I had know idea what he had done until 6 or 7 hours later when he started exhibiting signs of a stroke. It wasn't until I called 911 and we got him into the ER that I learned that he might have done something to hurt himself. I was in total shock because this was not like my hubby at all and he came very close to passing away that night but somehow by the grace of God, he survived the horrible ordeal.

He spent 16 days in the hospital but he only really remembers the last 4 or 5 days because he was in pretty bad shape, which is just as well. His kidney's shut down and he went into respiratory failure so he required daily dialysis treatments and was on a ventilator for several days. Once they backed off on the sedative so they could take him off of the ventilator, it took him 2 days to respond and make eye contact again. That was the worst because we didn't know if he was going to make it back but he did and somehow we survived the ordeal. It's been almost 3 years now and through counseling he's learned how to cope better but he's still fighting the depression and anxiety that grips him and won't let go. He was fortunate that after a couple of months his kidneys started to function again on their own so he no longer needed dialysis treatments but he did permanent damage that requires monitoring a couple of times a year because as he gets older, his function could diminish and require dialysis again but we'll deal with that when the time comes.

In some ways, it was a blessing in disguise because we learned some valuable lessons from the experience and our relationship is stronger than ever because of what we went through. We still struggle financially because my hubby has been on disability but we've learned to adapt and cope with things better and we now know what is truly important in life and it's not material things.
    My Store

8. Likes nutsaboutgabe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Kathy you and an inspiration! You stuck with him and that is a testament to who you are. He is blessed to have such a loving and devoted wife.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

Christina, do you remember the movie, "Eat, Pray Love" with Julia Roberts? remember the part where her friend was worrying about eating pizza because she was gaining weight? I love what Julia said and it's so true...

“Let me ask you something, in all the years that you have...undressed in front of a gentleman has he ever asked you to leave? Has he ever walked out and left? No? It's because he doesn't care! He's in a room with a naked girl, he just won the lottery."

11. Likes ShiLane, Ambelleina liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Kathy, thank you for sharing that. Ginger's right.. he's very lucky he has you.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. He is extremely lucky to have you. Many people would have just left. Thanks for sharing Kathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychozoe View Post
    Kathy, thank you for sharing that. Ginger's right.. he's very lucky he has you.

Post Thanks / Like

Awe, thanks girls! My hubby has always been one to show how much he appreciates every little thing I do for him and he's always been my biggest cheerleader so I couldn't just turn my back on him. He would do anything for me so I was just returning the favor. We've always been of the mindset that we are in this life together so no matter what happens, we face it together. His biggest fault is that he puts other people's needs above his own.
    My Store

15. Likes nutsaboutgabe, Psychozoe liked this post
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast