Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What's stressing you?

The end of the month is the worst. It can be so stressful.

Quote Originally Posted by Luv Ewe Designs View Post
    Work is stressing me! I only had 1001 things to do this morning when I got there. I threatened to lock my office door so I can get it done. I got the worst part of it done now and finally can breathe! LOL I hate the later parts of the month with the duties I have. Too many deadlines!

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like you are describing my son to me :-(

Quote Originally Posted by lauramarie View Post
    His speech is getting better but some of the words he cannot pronounce. I am not sure what the issue is but my thought is if I can get him help in that area so its not an issue when he starts school, I should. The kids area already saying things to him when we go to his karate class and the playground. It breaks my heart to hear them say " I don't understand what he is saying" or they tell him he is not talking right. I understand him 100% but to others, its more like 70%.

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like my daughter too. She gets so frustrated when her teachers and fellow Pre-K classmates don't understand her. Even I can't understand her all the time. She's been doing speech therapy for a year now and is getting much better. I'm hopeful that by the end of next year, she will be speaking clearly and ready to start kindergarten without having to continue speech.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanx for starting this thread, Barb. It's nice to share. (even the hard things)

In the last 2 years, my husband:

started school full-time (online)

got a promotion at work

had to move 2.5 hours away from home for work; he lives in our camp trailer near his job, and only comes home 1 or 2 days a week.

In the meantime, my eldest son started high school and all of the sudden thought he could do anything he wanted to...

and now he is old enough for his learners permit! ugh! (not to mention he is athletic and really handsome.. and a huge flirt!) all the girls love him and it's going to his head. He even was dating a senior for a couple months! he's only 15?!!

Needless to say, it's been a tough transition because basically I'm a single parent on a day-to day basis. But we're getting to the point where we have a routine and it's not really that terrible.

It is stressing , though, when I need a man around to keep the boys in line. Dads seem to be much better at that.

Ladies, I've been through the hard years with young children, and my youngest son was in speech therapy, occupational therapy, special education classes, I"ve had to hold him back a couple times in his school career. He is in 6th grade right now, and he's 14. It's kinda hard for him right now socially because he has started puberty and he has a deep voice, acne, and facial hair.. he's the tallest boy in his class.. but I tell him look at it this way - you'll have your drivers license before anyone else in your class! all the girls love a guy who drives!

but I wouldn't change a thing. He needed the extra time to learn more before he moved on to the next grades. He'll always be socially slower than kids his age. He needs extra instruction, guidance, and explanations for everyday life situiations. I worry for him as an adult.. but we take it one day at a time.

I worry for my boys.. I hope they can get a good education so they can provide for their families, and I hope they are happy in life.

(I worry too much)

5. Likes nutsaboutgabe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Psychozoe View Post
    Needless to say, it's been a tough transition because basically I'm a single parent on a day-to day basis. But we're getting to the point where we have a routine and it's not really that terrible.

It is stressing , though, when I need a man around to keep the boys in line. Dads seem to be much better at that.
    I can definitely relate how you feel! When my husband works out of town it's normally Mon-Fri and he does this alot throughout the year. I always feel like I am a single mom trying to figure out this stuff when sometimes I know I need his help. A Routine has saved my sanity for some many things!

Post Thanks / Like

Susie - thanks for posting your stresses! It's hard enough being a parent when you have a co-captain, but I don't envy those who are single parents. My mom was a single mom of 3 for 8 years and I often wonder how she did it. I ask her and she just says she did what she had to do. I love her so much for doing everything she did to make sure she gave us the best she could.

...and I know I stress too much. I worry about everything. I worry about worrying!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychozoe View Post
    (I worry too much)
    Last edited by nutsaboutgabe; 04-25-2012 at 10:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so stressed I'm about to cry!!!! I have spent the last 3 days moving furniture so I could move my computer into my room.
    Once I got everything moved, my computer won't pick up my router. So we got a new router, thank god my brother paid for it! He got one that was almost $300!
    I got it home.... And my computer won't pick that up either. I spent about 12 hours trying every configuration possible, and the conclusion is... I have to move everything back. Put my computer back in the middle of the living room.
    I wasted 3 days and I'm so behind on everything!!!
    Cry.... Sob... Boohoo

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Ginger that really sucks. It doesn't make any sense that your computer won't pick up the router when it's in your room. THey have good range! You don't live in a steel box, do you?

Oh and I always think crying doesn't fix anything, but it sure makes you feel better for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerScraps View Post
    I'm so stressed I'm about to cry!!!! I have spent the last 3 days moving furniture so I could move my computer into my room.
    Once I got everything moved, my computer won't pick up my router. So we got a new router, thank god my brother paid for it! He got one that was almost $300!
    I got it home.... And my computer won't pick that up either. I spent about 12 hours trying every configuration possible, and the conclusion is... I have to move everything back. Put my computer back in the middle of the living room.
    I wasted 3 days and I'm so behind on everything!!!
    Cry.... Sob... Boohoo

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

and I am nervous about possibly being a PCA for the preschooler for special needs that i work with at a school right now for. The mom hinted to the SPED Teacher that she wants to hire me to do some PCA work in the morning before her child goes to school since we've made great progress since I started working with the child. I've only worked and known the student for 3 months but we work well together, he likes me and I've seen enormous progress in his way of doing things and attitude, guess I should feel honored that she wants to hire me for PCA work, I have had training, I still need to get certified though with state of MN and should be associated with an agency. Great news, but yet, I'm stressing if I will do well....

11. Likes nutsaboutgabe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

To the ladies with the children with speech issues: I'm sure they will get better.

When my nephew first started talking until he was maybe 7/8ish, no one could understand him. Not me, not his parents, not anyone. All his words seemed not only lisp-y, but jumbled and choppy. He also had a VERY bad stutter. He ended up going to a speech pathologist for sessions several times a week and after a few years, he was fine. It was a struggle when he was in school during those years, but now he is about to turn 12 and he sounds perfectly fine.

Just give them love and patience and with proper care, they will overcome!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast